New pc help required

Hello everyone!

In brand new in the forum but I have been following Linux for quite some time, and I really like all the stuff he does, 

Currently Im been living with a Mac mini 2010, it was fun switch to Mac but now I want to be back on the right path. My last pc built was back in 2004 and im kind of rusted, I can decide what would be best for me.

Im living in Mexico but is not hard to buy from USA most of the cases is less expensive as long as all came from the same supplier or as less possible, Im planing to keep between us$700 to us$1000, perhaps leave the GPU for later and use onboard video for a while

Im planing to use it for:

Every day work: windows 10, office, photo editing and sorting, casual video editing.

Gaming: mostly second life in full graphic settings hoping not to have any lag, car racing like NFS, and perhaps get in to more serious gaming

Midi usb host to play piano without latency using Kontak 5 or Pianoteq,

Some 3d modeling: CAT and Solid Works

Dual monitor acer vga AL1916W 1440*900 and Acer hdmi 24" FT240HQL 1920*1080

I came to this configuration

Motherboard: Gigabyte ATX GA Z270X K5 1151

Processor: Intel I5 7600 (what would be best)

Ram 2X8gb Adata DDR4 Dazzle red 

Case: Cool master 351

Power Supply: Acteck Z-600 

GPU Nvidia 1050 or 1060 4gb (No idea im to confused )

I really appreciate some comments or ideas, 

thanks a lot

Sergio.

If you're not getting an unlocked CPU you won't be able to overclock so getting a z270 board would be a waste of money. A b250 board would be fine, or an h110 with a i5 6600.

I'd also suggest getting a decent power supply, I've never even heard of acteck...

As for the midi part, any usb to midi adapter will do, I've got a cheap Alesis one, works fine. You don't need a lot of processing power to just play piano, especially with Pianoteq, but even Kontakt loaded with a VST and a couple of effects won't be a problem. If you want low latency just make sure to install the ASIO audio driver.

Does you mum know you're here?

May I recommend a Ryzen 1700 or 1700x cpu?
and spend the extra money on something like a 1070 or wait for the new Vega GPUs from AMD.

• CPU
    Intel Xeon E5 2695 V3 14c-28t @ 2,8GHz
  • Motherboard
    AsRock X99 mITX
  • RAM
    2x16GB DDR4 Crucial ECC @2166MHz
  • GPU
    XFX R9 Nano 4GB HBM @1000MHz
  • Case
    Silverstone Sugo SG-13
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
  • Intel SSD DC S3600 800GB

May I recommend a Ryzen 1700 or 1700x cpu?
and spend the extra money on something like a 1070 or wait for the new Vega GPUs from AMD.

Hi Leaderroy.

Not sure why but I want to stick to intel Z270, I want to experience OC and VR some day, have the horsepower there just in case and keep my options open, Im not in to games beside second life and NFS because on my Mac mini is imposible to have decent games but im looking forward to try new games

Im aware that im not experience on matching motherboard to cpu, but I guess that the i5 7600 was better than the i5 6600, one for the generation, and it has more speed but im not sure what the letter after the cpu model really mean

I have never try AMD 

If you're not getting an unlocked CPU you won't be able to overclock so getting a z270 board would be a waste of money. A b250 board would be fine, or an h110 with a i5 6600.

I'd also suggest getting a decent power supply, I've never even heard of acteck...

As for the midi part, any usb to midi adapter will do, I've got a cheap Alesis one, works fine. You don't need a lot of processing power to just play piano, especially with Pianoteq, but even Kontakt loaded with a VST and a couple of effects won't be a problem. If you want low latency just make sure to install the ASIO audio driver.

My mistake on the cpu, the z270 is what I want as I commented to  Leaderroy, 

Thanks for the advice on the ASIO driver, once I got the pc I'll try it.

im still not sure which one of the i5 7ht gen is better than the i5 6600k or if will be better the i56600k

12 minutes ago, Sergio R. Jones said:

Im aware that im not experience on matching motherboard to cpu, but I guess that the i5 7600 was better than the i5 6600, one for the generation, and it has more speed but im not sure what the letter after the cpu model really mean

The Kaby Lake 7600 is slightly higher clocked than the Skylake 6600, that's basically the only difference. I just mentioned it because h110 Skylake boards are a little cheaper. If you want to overclock later and get a faster CPU, no problem going for that z270 board.

Nothing wrong with AMD though, maybe have a look how much a similar system from the red team would cost.

PS: if you quote people using the quote-button under their posts they'll get a notification to let them know you've replied

Does you mum know you're here?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4j27gL - All though I couldn't find the case you mentioned

• CPU
    Intel Xeon E5 2695 V3 14c-28t @ 2,8GHz
  • Motherboard
    AsRock X99 mITX
  • RAM
    2x16GB DDR4 Crucial ECC @2166MHz
  • GPU
    XFX R9 Nano 4GB HBM @1000MHz
  • Case
    Silverstone Sugo SG-13
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
  • Intel SSD DC S3600 800GB

Your entire post is completely unreadable when using the dark theme. Please change the word colour.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

22 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

The Kaby Lake 7600 is slightly higher clocked than the Skylake 6600, that's basically the only difference. I just mentioned it because h110 Skylake boards are a little cheaper. If you want to overclock later and get a faster CPU, no problem going for that z270 board.

Nothing wrong with AMD though, maybe have a look how much a similar system from the red team would cost.

PS: if you quote people using the quote-button under their posts they'll get a notification to let them know you've replied

Thanks for the tip on the reply button

Im not sure if I heard from Linus video or somewhere else about that it was better to get a 7th gen but initially I was thinking on the i5 6600k,

Also since Im planing to wait on the GPU not sure how much I could do with the onboard graphics.