3pin fan hubs?

JokerProduction

So I've got an itch to upgrade my old PC case but with that I will be losing my built in 3pin 50,80,100% fan controller.

First some pertinent info on my setup.  The motherboard has 2 3pin controllable headers 1 of the headers is used for my 2 rad fans leaving one open that I would like to use for the remaining 5+ fans.  I read the entire manual and no where does it say the max power or amp draw the header can support so that leaves me a bit leary of just using standard splitters (Y) cables.(and the fact that one of the cases I'm looking at will be using 8 or 9 fans off the single header)  The motherboard is a msi z97 krait if anyone might somehow know or have experience.

Is there a product out there that would take power from a sata connector but signal(analog voltage) from the Mobo (like a repeater/amplifier for long LED strips)

Is there a product out there just like above but with a PWM input but Voltage control output(and can handle 5-9 fans)?

What case are you looking at? Most hubs/splitters that support that many fans will usually be powered off of the psu.

The motherboard fan headers should safely power 2-3 fans each.

PWM input and DC output doesn't make much sense for most cases. What fans are you trying to control? There are hubs that take in a 4pin PWM signal and supply a similar PWM signal for 3pin fans.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, Himommies said:

You can plug in 3 pin fans into 4 pin fan headers

I'm aware of that but they then run at full speed with no control I'm hoping to have them ramp down to 50% on idle then up to 80% when in use.  My motherboard has 4 separate fan headers, 2 are for 4pin (pwm control) and the other 2 are for 3pin (analog voltage).  One Has to be used for my 2 cpu rad fans leaving me with just the one controllable header left for 5+ fans.  Hence I'm looking for a solution.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case are you looking at? Most hubs/splitters that support that many fans will usually be powered off of the psu.

The motherboard fan headers should safely power 2-3 fans each.

PWM input and DC output doesn't make much sense for most cases. What fans are you trying to control? There are hubs that take in a 4pin PWM signal and supply a similar PWM signal for 3pin fans.

I'm really torn between the coursair 460x which will have 3x front 120, 2xtop 140, and 2 more 120s sandwiching my rad on the back spot and the Thermaltake view 31 which needs 6 fans for the front, the rest would be the same.  I already have all the fans, so I would like to use them. I just need to find a way to control the shear amount of them as I really don't want to run them 100% all the time( and I probably cant find all the low noise adapters anymore in order to just use a sata adapter and a few splitter cables)

I heard its pretty tight on the back side of the 460x so I need a compact hub more than likely.

The fans are the older TT Riings that are 3pin I have a ton of them.

You have a link to some of the hubs your talking about?

3 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

You have a link to some of the hubs your talking about?

Phanteks has one: http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWHUB.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

This looks like It will work perfect for me.

Do you have any experience with that product? Some of the newegg reviews are dubious but considering these come factory in a lot of the phateks cases there should be a fair amount of them working properly out there. 

Either way for ~20$ its worth a shot.  I'll just have to set up the fan curve on one of the 4pin headers.    I quickly read the manual and it suggest using similar fans if you want the speed reading to be correct which I do.  There is a good likely hood that I will be connecting up both the 12cm and 14cm fans which are slightly different speeds 1500/1400. 

Although now that this device is on a 4pin header I suppose another solution would be to use the hubr on a 4pin header, use one 3pin header for my 2 rad fans and the now leftover remaining 3pin header for the 2 14cm fans and just run the same fan curve on both the 3pin and 4pin headers.  going this way ill get proper speed readouts from all 3 sets of fans.

7 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

Do you have any experience with that product? Some of the newegg reviews are dubious but considering these come factory in a lot of the phateks cases there should be a fair amount of them working properly out there. 

Either way for ~20$ its worth a shot.  I'll just have to set up the fan curve on one of the 4pin headers.    I quickly read the manual and it suggest using similar fans if you want the speed reading to be correct which I do.  There is a good likely hood that I will be connecting up both the 12cm and 14cm fans which are slightly different speeds 1500/1400. 

I've used the one that comes with Phanteks Evolv cases. It works fine. 

The rpm is read only from the first fan. The max rpm doesn't matter since the hub sends a percentage duty cycle signal.