Chair Without Pain

For the past few years I've been using an old saggy swivel rocker as my PC chair, so springs covered by a 3 inch foam cushion. I have an equally old pillow behind my back in a feeble attempt for support but that's not working out either. I've been in the process of trying to rebuild an office chair I found on the side of the road, currently it has a WonderGel Extreme seat cushion incorporated into the seat under the material surrounded by normal foam. This was done to counter the unbearable feeling of the WonderGel's columns against my skin even through clothing. Unfortunately now it's too stiff & it's not like my efforts at rebuilding the back of the free office chair have been successful either. So even though I'm flat broke & still trying to make another $500.00 for the rest of my new PC parts. I need to start looking & researching early for a new chair that's actually comfortable. I've heard those DXRacer chairs don't last despite costing several hundred dollars. Supposedly Herman Miller's Aeron is the most comfortable chair period but how's that possible with mesh or are they only referring to back ergonomics? Do any of you have suggestions on how I could rebuild that free office chair the right way? Is there a guide somewhere on how to pick the right foam for my use? I'm completely ignorant when it comes to what I need as the only words that come to mind are "it hurts". Please someone help, I'm tired of being in pain when trying to relax.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

Don't buy ANY gaming chairs. A good chair will feel awkward when you first sit, but will put the proper pressures on the correct spots for long term sitting and will feel way better. If you can't afford a high-end IT chair, I'd recommend you to buy a normal "executive" chair. Those will be the closest to long term comfort you will get. 

1 hour ago, ShadySocks said:

How thick is the bottom cushion? Only looks about 2-3 inches.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

1 hour ago, Sybre said:

Don't buy ANY gaming chairs. A good chair will feel awkward when you first sit, but will put the proper pressures on the correct spots for long term sitting and will feel way better. If you can't afford a high-end IT chair, I'd recommend you to buy a normal "executive" chair. Those will be the closest to long term comfort you will get. 

Thanks I'll keep that in mind when shopping.

1 hour ago, Sybre said:

I have some random chair from lazyboy 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ $55.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.