Skyrim glitched out

DocBrown

Hey so i had to restart my skyrim process and now when i equip items the left mouse goes to the right and vice-versa, also when i level up a skill it says i went from 15-16 ( i must have been lvl 15 before the restart) how can i fix this? I haven't reached winter run yet so i dont care about completely destroying my game to play again, Thanks 

By default, Bethesda coded it so the "left click" on the mouse swings the right hand as "Durr, 90% of people are right handed, and left-click is generally the right index finger, so not to cause mental issues have the right hand fire when left click!".

Also, think about it when they originally set it up for gamepads on the X360/PS3 - Right Shoulder (Right Index) = Right Hand & Left Shoulder (Left Index) = Left Hand is easy enough to set up, and when converting the code for PC use, they can make a simply script that treats the Right-Click as Left Shoulder.

As for the skills, by default Bethesda hard-coded 15 as the BASE amount of skill in each tree, so you don't have the grind a full 100 levels into each skill tree (only 85 to max out a tree before resetting it to 15 by making it a Legendary Skill).

Skill Tree Levels ≠ (NOT Equal to) Character Levels.

Just now, Technous285 said:

By default, Bethesda coded it so the "left click" on the mouse swings the right hand as "Durr, 90% of people are right handed, and left-click is generally the right index finger, so not to cause mental issues have the right hand fire when left click!".

As for the skills, by default Bethesda hard-coded 15 as the BASE amount of skill in each tree, so you don't have the grind a full 100 levels into each skill tree (only 85 to max out a tree before resetting it to 15 by making it a Legendary Skill).

Skill Tree Levels ≠ (NOT Equal to) Character Levels.

by the left rigth thing i mean when i click the left mouse my right arm moves and for the level up thingy its not a glitch? like a lvl 1 character can have lvl 16 1 armcombat?

Just now, DocBrown said:

by the left rigth thing i mean when i click the left mouse my right arm moves and for the level up thingy its not a glitch? like a lvl 1 character can have lvl 16 1 armcombat?

Skyrim was coded to run on both PC & Console with as little code reworking as possible, so Bethesda treated the inputs as thus;

Left Click (Mouse) = Right Shoulder (Gamepad) = Right Hand. Right click (Mouse) = Left Shoulder (Gamepad) = Left Hand.

And no, it's not a "glitch" that your skils level up faster than the character, it was DESIGNED that way.

1 minute ago, Technous285 said:

Skyrim was coded to run on both PC & Console with as little code reworking as possible, so Bethesda treated the inputs as thus;

Left Click (Mouse) = Right Shoulder (Gamepad) = Right Hand. Right click (Mouse) = Left Shoulder (Gamepad) = Left Hand.

And no, it's not a "glitch" that your skils level up faster than the character, it was DESIGNED that way.

Okay thanks