Budget PC

I'm planning on building a PC for a friend who has potato one. I have a budget of 200$, 250$ is max limit. I need help finding parts, i already have storage and the case (Not included in the budget). If you're going to post links, i would appreciate if you first make sure i can buy those parts online with international shipping since i don't live in USA. Thanks :D.

BTW, he will be using the PC to play mainly league of legends and maybe other easy to run games.

USD I assume?

You will probably have to buy most of the parts used if you only have $200 and want it to run something like a game on a decent framerate (even if it's just league of legends)

Yes, USD. His current specs don't matter, there's nothing i can use. Even if i could, it's supposed to be a surprise. I have no problem buying used parts, as long as i buy them from reputable websites like Ebay or Amazon. 

@CUDA_Cores Might have some parts for you (maybe ship outside US?), or some input

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

23 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

Yes, USD. His current specs don't matter, there's nothing i can use. Even if i could, it's supposed to be a surprise. I have no problem buying used parts, as long as i buy them from reputable websites like Ebay or Amazon. 

Get everything except the hard drive and PSU used. 

In new something like this should get the job done

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sWsGNN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sWsGNN/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD A10-7890K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($148.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus A68HM-E Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($45.48 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair VS 600W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $266.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-21 03:10 EDT-0400

$200 really isn't enough at all. Maybe a g4560 + a used GPU? It's a stretch and you won't be getting much value at that price point.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

12 hours ago, Sreno1 said:

$200 really isn't enough at all. Maybe a g4560 + a used GPU? It's a stretch and you won't be getting much value at that price point.

It's 250$, and once you take away the "gotta have good hardware" and "gamer" mindset, it is certainly enough. As i said, he will be using it for League of Legends, Skype and web browsing. 250$ is more than enough for that. 

2 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

It's 250$, and once you take away the "gotta have good hardware" and "gamer" mindset, it is certainly enough. As i said, he will be using it for League of Legends, Skype and web browsing. 250$ is more than enough for that. 

Like I said, it is possible with a g4560 + used GPU/iGPU. That being said it won't be a great experience and he will be limited to LoL or even lower spec games without a decent GPU (1050ti+).

I think you also underestimate the addtional costs in building a system. Some things that don't always get factored in are case, psu, windows license (at least $35), ram, storage, ect. I would have a hard time spending $250 on two components let alone an entire system. I get that this is a very low end system but the budget really needs to be higher to get a worthwhile experience for your friend. I think you can build a great all new part system for $350-$450. Here is an example build that would have good upgrade potential and can do a lot of games at 1080p.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xc379W
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xc379W/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($56.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($54.88 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($31.64 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($43.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($35.00) 
Total: $442.35

Some of the parts I picked are a few $ above the cheapest options but I picked them because I have personally used them in a budget build. The PSU does not need to be 550w but it is on sale and it is good quality.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

31 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

Like I said, it is possible with a g4560 + used GPU/iGPU. That being said it won't be a great experience and he will be limited to LoL or even lower spec games without a decent GPU (1050ti+).

I think you also underestimate the addtional costs in building a system. Some things that don't always get factored in are case, psu, windows license (at least $35), ram, storage, ect. I would have a hard time spending $250 on two components let alone an entire system. I get that this is a very low end system but the budget really needs to be higher to get a worthwhile experience for your friend. I think you can build a great all new part system for $350-$450. Here is an example build that would have good upgrade potential and can do a lot of games at 1080p.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xc379W
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xc379W/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($56.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($54.88 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($31.64 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($43.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($35.00) 
Total: $442.35

Some of the parts I picked are a few $ above the cheapest options but I picked them because I have personally used them in a budget build. The PSU does not need to be 550w but it is on sale and it is good quality.

I forgot to mention i already have storage, case and used RAM already. And you don't need a 1050ti, that's actually a great card for high-ultra settings and 50-60 fps at 1080p.

He uses a 720p or 900p monitor (Don't remember well), and you don't need ultra settings to have a good gaming experience. There are TONS of cards under the 1050ti performance that provide a decent gaming experience, as long as you're willing to play at medium settings.

This one is amazing 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lrc9vV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lrc9vV/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi A70U3P Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: AMD R5 Entertainment 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($44.70 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 350 2GB Video Card  ($63.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply  ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $244.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-22 01:50 EDT-0400

Use price breakdown by merchant and 4/5 items cost 209$ in newegg which is cheapest and then buy the ram from Amazon both amazon and newegg ship internationally. The PSU is a really good one just don't tell it is bad it is a Tier 5 which is not possible for a 29$ PSU but luckily the price is low. Gaming is also good with this PC it can handle AAA titles with playable fps at 1080p in most of the games maybe sometimes you need to bring the res down to 900p but still this is an amazing PC which can handle AAA titles in medium-high settings.

7 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

I forgot to mention i already have storage, case and used RAM already. And you don't need a 1050ti, that's actually a great card for high-ultra settings and 50-60 fps at 1080p.

He uses a 720p or 900p monitor (Don't remember well), and you don't need ultra settings to have a good gaming experience. There are TONS of cards under the 1050ti performance that provide a decent gaming experience, as long as you're willing to play at medium settings.

The 1050ti is not for high ultra settings at 1080p. It is for low-med at 60fps or lower. It does change a lot if he is using a lower res monitor so a 1050 or used GPU should be good for many games, and probably overkill for LoL.

5 hours ago, M.A.P said:

This one is amazing 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lrc9vV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lrc9vV/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi A70U3P Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: AMD R5 Entertainment 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($44.70 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 350 2GB Video Card  ($63.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply  ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $244.64

This build is extremely outdated. No reason to use an AMD CPU when there is currently the G4560 out, a sometimes cheaper 2c4t hyperthreaded Kabylake CPU that has faster quadcore speed and a much better IPC. Using anything AMD that isn't Ryzen will severely limit your upgrade-ability and feature set, such as PCIE gen 3 and DDR4. With the G4560 he could potentially upgrade to a i5-7400 (true 4c) or i7-7700 if he ever feels like it. The GPU isn't that bad but it is outdated. The PSU limits future upgrading and is not of good quality. Cheaping out on a PSU is not a good idea.

On 3/18/2017 at 7:48 PM, MrAlbertrocks said:

I'm planning on building a PC for a friend who has potato one. I have a budget of 200$, 250$ is max limit. I need help finding parts, i already have storage and the case (Not included in the budget). If you're going to post links, i would appreciate if you first make sure i can buy those parts online with international shipping since i don't live in USA. Thanks :D.

BTW, he will be using the PC to play mainly league of legends and maybe other easy to run games.

You're replacing a potato with another potato, especially when you factor in shipping to the DR.  Save up till you have at least $350.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 hours ago, Sreno1 said:

This build is extremely outdated. No reason to use an AMD CPU when there is currently the G4560 out, a sometimes cheaper 2c4t hyperthreaded Kabylake CPU that has faster quadcore speed and a much better IPC. Using anything AMD that isn't Ryzen will severely limit your upgrade-ability and feature set, such as PCIE gen 3 and DDR4. With the G4560 he could potentially upgrade to a i5-7400 (true 4c) or i7-7700 if he ever feels like it. The GPU isn't that bad but it is outdated. The PSU limits future upgrading and is not of good quality. Cheaping out on a PSU is not a good idea.

We can't really get G4560 with a good dedicated GPU for 250$. That PSU is a Tier 5 so well maybe spend 10$ extra and go with a Tier 4 or 3. Anthlon x4 860k is an outdated cpu but if we go with G4560 we can't get a good GPU. Well the iGPU of G4560 is good for his needs though. 

1 hour ago, M.A.P said:

We can't really get G4560 with a good dedicated GPU for 250$. That PSU is a Tier 5 so well maybe spend 10$ extra and go with a Tier 4 or 3. Anthlon x4 860k is an outdated cpu but if we go with G4560 we can't get a good GPU. Well the iGPU of G4560 is good for his needs though. 

Minimum tier you want is a Tier 3 if possible, anything else and your running greater risks of harming your system.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

9 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

You're replacing a potato with another potato, especially when you factor in shipping to the DR.  Save up till you have at least $350.

With amazon prime shipping is free, and again, it's 250$ for the CPU, GPU, MOBO and PW. The G4560 is a good CPU, that's 70$. 1151 MOBO is another 50$, Bronze PW from EVGA is 35$. That leaves me with 95$ to spend on a decent GPU. Please explain me how is that a potato PC. 

9 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

With amazon prime shipping is free, and again, it's 250$ for the CPU, GPU, MOBO and PW. The G4560 is a good CPU, that's 70$. 1151 MOBO is another 50$, Bronze PW from EVGA is 35$. That leaves me with 95$ to spend on a decent GPU. Please explain me how is that a potato PC. 

I didn't realize you got free shipping. Buy a decent PSU though, that's bottom of the barrel and could take out the rest of your build.  It's the most important part of your build, you don't want to cheap out on it.

$95 won't get you a decent GPU though. You'll want $120 for a GTX 950, maybe a little less if you can buy one used. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I didn't realize you got free shipping. Buy a decent PSU though, that's bottom of the barrel and could take out the rest of your build.  It's the most important part of your build, you don't want to cheap out on it.

$95 won't get you a decent GPU though. You'll want $120 for a GTX 950, maybe a little less if you can buy one used. 

Isn't the 1050 better than the 950? There is s 1050 right now on amazon for 100$.