UPS setup in Freenas 10

Hi! 

I'm trying to get freenas to monitor my GE Vh series Ups but I'm not sure how to set this up, I have tried to via the gui but it's just not working, keep getting status: error with no explanation as to what went wrong. 

Keep in mind this is an old ups, was actually given to me cause "it keeps beeping so the battery are probably dead" came home to find out it was the "no load" function, battery's are working just fine! Yey me! 

The username and passwords fields, are they for a user on the UPS or the Nas? 

On 3/18/2017 at 6:49 AM, Morbidos said:

Hi! 

I'm trying to get freenas to monitor my GE Vh series Ups but I'm not sure how to set this up, I have tried to via the gui but it's just not working, keep getting status: error with no explanation as to what went wrong. 

Keep in mind this is an old ups, was actually given to me cause "it keeps beeping so the battery are probably dead" came home to find out it was the "no load" function, battery's are working just fine! Yey me! 

The username and passwords fields, are they for a user on the UPS or the Nas? 

The username and password is for the remote user login on the UPS

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

The tool is not smart enough to discover which port the UPS is plugged into. try and change the port that the USB cable is plugged into. Also make sure you select your make and model in the UPS service tab. AdminGUI>Services>UPS

• 2 weeks later...

ok then in need to find the default username and password to.. Thnx!