Windows 7 VS Windows 8.1

ItzikCPU

Hi guys,

I want windows for my pc gaming and i want get the best for profmance and the Comfort.

Now i look the 8.1 with the start buttom, i'm right?

i want the 8.1 like windows 7 with the start buttum and shot down in desktop!

it's possible?

ty.

CPU: Intel Core I7 4770 3.5GHz(3.9 T) 8MB cache Mainboard: Gigabyte H87-D3H Ultra Durable™Cpu Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 rev .b. RAM: Corsair XMS3 (4X2) 8GB 1600MHz CL9 GPU:GigabyteGTX 780Ti (OC) 3GB Windforce X3 cooler PSU: FSP Aurum 750W Gold 80 Plus Modular Case: Corsair 500R (White) & 6 Fans white led Monitor: Dell 23" UltraSharp LED IPS HDD + SSD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 2TB & SSD SAMSUNG 120GB EVO

Yes, get Windows 8.1 and StartIsBack. Windows 8 is faster and generally better for the average user than Windows 7, and StartIsBack will restore full start menu functionality that was present in Windows 7.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Yes, get Windows 8.1 and StartIsBack. Windows 8 is faster and generally better for the average user than Windows 7, and StartIsBack will restore full start menu functionality that was present in Windows 7.

I don't want skins!!! i want somthing from microsoft...good thing no skin.

CPU: Intel Core I7 4770 3.5GHz(3.9 T) 8MB cache Mainboard: Gigabyte H87-D3H Ultra Durable™Cpu Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 rev .b. RAM: Corsair XMS3 (4X2) 8GB 1600MHz CL9 GPU:GigabyteGTX 780Ti (OC) 3GB Windforce X3 cooler PSU: FSP Aurum 750W Gold 80 Plus Modular Case: Corsair 500R (White) & 6 Fans white led Monitor: Dell 23" UltraSharp LED IPS HDD + SSD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 2TB & SSD SAMSUNG 120GB EVO

I don't want skins!!! i want somthing from microsoft...good thing no skin.

StartIsBack or Classic Shell are not skins. They are programs that make the start button do what it used to do in Windows 7.

Microsoft is not going to add the start menu to Windows 8.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Hi guys,

I want windows for my pc gaming and i want get the best for profmance and the Comfort.

Now i look the 8.1 with the start buttom, i'm right?

i want the 8.1 like windows 7 with the start buttum and shot down in desktop!

it's possible?

ty.

Yes there is a button but its not like Windows 7 at all. When you right click you get options like Shutdown, File Explorer, System etc... Sorry its  a long list. If you left click it takes you to Metro I usually stay on the desktop most of the time I have no tiles on metro. The Start on the Metro does absolutely nothing I have no idea why its there but I wish i could get rid of it. I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy Windows 8.1 that being said you can always use a program to get the feel of Windows 7. 

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 IMO

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I got used to Windows 8 in a few days, can't even imagine using the start button again.. If you don't want any skins, just use plain Windows 8.1, it will be fine. 

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

The start button on windows 8.1 is nothing like the one on windows 7.

There are some 3rd party options that can bring back the start menu.

But yeah, modern UI is stupid.

Two revolutionary dance tones

They gave you several options. If you tried google you would get dozens more. No, Microsoft doesn't have a Windows 7 start menu in Windows 8 option. Why is it so hard to fucking google something. I understand if you want to discuss technology or you want something complex explained but you are asking for answers spoon fed to you because you cannot think for yourself. Its just plain retarded. 

StartIsBack or Classic Shell are not skins. They are programs that make the start button do what it used to do in Windows 7.

Microsoft is not going to add the start menu to Windows 8.

Yes there is a button but its not like Windows 7 at all. When you right click you get options like Shutdown, File Explorer, System etc... Sorry its  a long list. If you left click it takes you to Metro I usually stay on the desktop most of the time I have no tiles on metro. The Start on the Metro does absolutely nothing I have no idea why its there but I wish i could get rid of it. I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy Windows 8.1 that being said you can always use a program to get the feel of Windows 7. 

Windows 8.1 IMO

I got used to Windows 8 in a few days, can't even imagine using the start button again.. If you don't want any skins, just use plain Windows 8.1, it will be fine. 

So you recommand to me go with WIN8? how much hard that to not use in start buttum? i want conform the best! :( what go with ? 

So you recommand to me go with WIN8? how much hard that to not use in start buttum? i want conform the best! :( what go with ? 

A week at most to get used to it

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

i find myself loving 8.1 with my notebook. Not so much on desktop. I stick with windows 7 for desktop imo.

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Seems to me that you like that button a lot so you might as well keep Windows 7 you probably won't like Windows 8/8.1

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

So what you recommand to me? what do you think the best for gaimng?

So what you recommand to me? what do you think the best for gaimng?

Either are equally priced and as good, I've had a problems with controllers not working on 8 (left anolog stick not working) but games run smoother.

Windows 7 will become the new xp that people will have past it becoming obsolete and lack of support. I don't think you can go wrong with either tbh so I would just go on preference

LIke most people said get windows 8.1 it is faster, snapier and games run smoother if you are used to W7 start menu then Get Classic Start or Start is back

They gave you several options. If you tried google you would get dozens more. No, Microsoft doesn't have a Windows 7 start menu in Windows 8 option. Why is it so hard to fucking google something. I understand if you want to discuss technology or you want something complex explained but you are asking for answers spoon fed to you because you cannot think for yourself. Its just plain retarded. 

Then maybe give a link to the google searches you found. The forum is used to answer questions. Yeah I agree with you that he could have simply found an answer elsewhere, but its not like you made it better by posting a (no offense) useless comment

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place