EVGA GTX770 ó GTX780 for single monitor 1080p and ULTRA settings?

RRGT19
Hello, I had an EVGA GTX760 SC ACX COOLER which i could sell it at the same price.

I thought about buying the GTX770 or GTX780 (no-n TI because it is so expensive $200US more). I only have one 1 monitor AOC 24 "1080p and I like to play all at ULTRA, all at MAX. Though with my GTX760 in Crysis 3 graphics I had to turn it down for more than 40FPS.

What do you recommend?, Worth the GTX780 for only 1 monitor?, Or the GTX770 SC is enough?.

and I was thinking about another GTX760 for SLI but a single GPU is always better.

Again, Crysis 3 example i don't mind to down some options to HIGH, and I only want to play, pass the game and ready.

I hope your help really.

Note: R9 280 or 290, I don't like the design, I like more the GTX as green LED lights GEFORCE GTX text on the side.

MY BUILD:

i5 4670k

asus gryphon z87

corsair vengeance pro 8gb 1600mhz

corsair rm750

samsung 840 evo 120gb

western digital wd green 2tb

evga gtx760 2gb supercloked acx cooler

To be honest... I would buy a GTX780 it is so much more the better card than the GTX770 (which is basically just a GTX680 on steroids). You have the better memory interface, the better chip and with this card you'll be fine even when Maxwell is going to be released unless you want to become an enthusiast.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Hehe,

that's a tough question. If I say it from my personal perspective buy it because it is beastly powerful, but I am nuts when it comes to hardware lol ;) . But it is a matter of fact that it is the fastest single gpu right now.

On the other hand if you step up from a GTX760 to something like EVGA's GTX780 SC ACX you will expirience games in a whole different level, because the GTX780 SC is already a damn fast card, and it is not as expensive, you can save round about 200 USD.

Choice is yours now haha.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

The 780TI, for a kind of future proof GPU for 1080p ultra settings gaming, it's not the cheapest but it does the job for the next 2 years atleast.

The 770 won't be a big difference compared to your current GPU than the 780(ti) is.

The 780TI, for a kind of future proof GPU for 1080p ultra settings gaming, it's not the cheapest but it does the job for the next 2 years atleast.

The 770 won't be a big difference compared to your current GPU than the 780(ti) is.

Sorry to say that but the card is just fine in 1440p as well for a long time. But not everybody is willing to spend 670 Euros or 700 USD.

I see the 780 Ti as last step in evolution of the GK110 and with 700USD it is more an enthusiast card than something for a broader market. I build up a lot of systems for family, friends and friends of these friends and I set my focus on gaming hardware. In my honest opinion is a GTX780 SC or a R9 290 (when it's available with board partner coolers) the best choice.

The 780Ti and R9 290X is more an overkill for most of the ppl because they never care about : "OMG I've got 5 FPS more now, now I've got 122...", all they want is flawless performance, and even this isn't fully true. I know lots of ppl that bought computers at shops in the US with the yellow sign... this hardware is not even as half as good as mine, but they just don't care. If the game doesn't run in 1080p they just turn it down until it runs and are still happy.

So by the end of the day RGT you have to figure out what you really need (not necessarily what you want lol :D ). If you were happy so far with the output the GTX760 gave you, then you live love a GTX780 SC with ACX. But if you wanna unleash the beast.. haha

Sorry to say that but the card is just fine in 1440p as well for a long time. But not everybody is willing to spend 670 Euros or 700 USD.

I see the 780 Ti as last step in evolution of the GK110 and with 700USD it is more an enthusiast card than something for a broader market. I build up a lot of systems for family, friends and friends of these friends and I set my focus on gaming hardware. In my honest opinion is a GTX780 SC or a R9 290 (when it's available with board partner coolers) the best choice.

The 780Ti and R9 290X is more an overkill for most of the ppl because they never care about : "OMG I've got 5 FPS more now, now I've got 122...", all they want is flawless performance, and even this isn't fully true. I know lots of ppl that bought computers at shops in the US with the yellow sign... this hardware is not even as half as good as mine, but they just don't care. If the game doesn't run in 1080p they just turn it down until it runs and are still happy.

So by the end of the day RGT you have to figure out what you really need (not necessarily what you want lol :D ). If you were happy so far with the output the GTX760 gave you, then you live love a GTX780 SC with ACX. But if you wanna unleash the beast.. haha

Certainly, I wouldn't even upgrade with a 760 to be honest.

Certainly, I wouldn't even upgrade with a 760 to be honest.

Hi, thanks to all. I have the oportunity to sell my GTX760 and you are right, the TI version is for enthusiast. The GTX780 SC is cheaper right now just $530, i think that i will buy it, but, not the CX COOLER, just the supercloked edition because i like the green led of GEFORCE GTX on the side.

There you go :) . Enjoy it and I tell you right away you won't be dissapointed at all.

There you go :) . Enjoy it and I tell you right away you won't be dissapointed at all.

Hi, i have some money and i can buy just one thing at this time. What should i buy first?.

The H100i cost $109.99 and the Corsair SP120 PWM Quiet cost $26.99 and the EVGA GTX780 SC cost $529.99.

If i buy the H100i first, i will need to save like $167 to buy the GTX780 SC or i can buy the GTX first and save $97.

Question: Is important to overclock the CPU with the GTX780 SC or not?.

MY BUILD:

i5 4670k

asus gryphon z87

corsair rm750

samsung 840 evo 120gb

evga gtx760 2gb supercloked acx cooler (i can sell it this week)

Hi, i have some money and i can buy just one thing at this time. What should i buy first?.

The H100i cost $109.99 and the Corsair SP120 PWM Quiet cost $26.99 and the EVGA GTX780 SC cost $529.99.

If i buy the H100i first, i will need to save like $167 to buy the GTX780 SC or i can buy the GTX first and save $97.

Question: Is important to overclock the CPU with the GTX780 SC or not?.

MY BUILD:

i5 4670k

asus gryphon z87

corsair rm750

samsung 840 evo 120gb

evga gtx760 2gb supercloked acx cooler (i can sell it this week)

Hi,

first of all to answer your question: No it is not important to OC your CPU for the GTX780 SC it will run just fine, for you have an i5 Haswell with more than enough power to support that card. Don't worry you won't bottleneck the GPU (nice system config that you have, the GTX780 SC will fit perfectly in your rig!)

You will have more power when you OC your CPU and the Corsair H100i is a fine ready to go compact water cooler. I had this on my i7 4770K before I put my custom loop in my rig and it's great and comes with really nice features. It's easy to assemble and you can achieve nice results (and it looks really good :) ), the only thing what I would recommend to use a third party thermal paste here, because I had some differences up to 3 degree celsius with stadard and third party.

GreetZ Naj

Hi,

first of all to answer your question: No it is not important to OC your CPU for the GTX780 SC it will run just fine, for you have an i5 Haswell with more than enough power to support that card. Don't worry you won't bottleneck the GPU (nice system config that you have, the GTX780 SC will fit perfectly in your rig!)

You will have more power when you OC your CPU and the Corsair H100i is a fine ready to go compact water cooler. I had this on my i7 4770K before I put my custom loop in my rig and it's great and comes with really nice features. It's easy to assemble and you can achieve nice results (and it looks really good :) ), the only thing what I would recommend to use a third party thermal paste here, because I had some differences up to 3 degree celsius with stadard and third party.

GreetZ Naj

Thanks a lot!!!

I think the 770 can run MOST game ultra settings 60 FPS. Games like Crysis 3 will need to be turned down a bit, but the 780 is the TRUE 1080p master.

Even a GTX 780 will get it ass handed to it with high levels of AA @ 1080p.  Just look at Slicks benchmarks - Most are done with 8XMSAA. You can forget SSAA -  I guess you would really need to clarify is "Ultra" includes AA? If not, then yes a GTX 780 should max out most games at 1080P with low levels of AA or no AA.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Even a GTX 780 will get it ass handed to it with high levels of AA @ 1080p.  Just look at Slicks benchmarks - Most are done with 8XMSAA. You can forget SSAA -  I guess you would really need to clarify is "Ultra" includes AA? If not, then yes a GTX 780 should max out most games at 1080P with low levels of AA or no AA.

I think the 770 can run MOST game ultra settings 60 FPS. Games like Crysis 3 will need to be turned down a bit, but the 780 is the TRUE 1080p master.

Thanks both, i'm still deciding which GTX i will buy. Because 780 is still very expensive.

I think that i will buy the GTX770 SC because the price, with the money that i save i can buy another thing for my build. Because $530 for the GTX780 SC is a lot of money for just one piece.

Yeah ain't a cheap call for that fine piece of hardware, but a good one ;) . Because next year there will be some games comming out where a GTX770 is not the best choice, but buddy that's totally up to you.

If you are more a WoW like gamer, then a GTX780 is an overkill in every possible way. But if you're looking forward to games like Star Citizen... the GTX 780 is the better choice, but hey have you considered an AMD R9 290? All you gotta do is wait for like 3 weeks and you'll get cards with third party cooling solutions like Asus, XFX,...

The card comes for 400.00 USD and will kick ass with a third party cooler. It is pretty much even with the GTX780 and if you can live without Physix and not planning to get G-Sync next year, then this would be a nice alternative for you.

GreetZ Naj

Yeah ain't a cheap call for that fine piece of hardware, but a good one ;) . Because next year there will be some games comming out where a GTX770 is not the best choice, but buddy that's totally up to you.

If you are more a WoW like gamer, then a GTX780 is an overkill in every possible way. But if you're looking forward to games like Star Citizen... the GTX 780 is the better choice, but hey have you considered an AMD R9 290? All you gotta do is wait for like 3 weeks and you'll get cards with third party cooling solutions like Asus, XFX,...

The card comes for 400.00 USD and will kick ass with a third party cooler. It is pretty much even with the GTX780 and if you can live without Physix and not planning to get G-Sync next year, then this would be a nice alternative for you.

GreetZ Naj

One more question guys, my monitor is an AOC 24" 1080p - E2461FWH. It's just 60Hz, doesn't matter?, because with the GTX780 i will get more than 60FPS i think and my monitor won't show that.

I'm confused here. Also, this monitor only has VGA, HDMI. It doesn't matter if i connect the GPU with my monitor in HDMI?.

One more question guys, my monitor is an AOC 24" 1080p - E2461FWH. It's just 60Hz, doesn't matter?, because with the GTX780 i will get more than 60FPS i think and my monitor won't show that.

I'm confused here. Also, this monitor only has VGA, HDMI. It doesn't matter if i connect the GPU with my monitor in HDMI?.

Which graphics card did you end up decide on getting. Both GTX 770 and 780 will give you more than 60 fps in some games like Bioshock,BF4, and other triple A games. Most people wont notice the difference from 60 hz to 120 hz. The only thing that you'll see is that things on windows are smother when moving a window. I'd suggest a different monitor if you can. Linus and Slick suggest higher resolution over 120hz because they are TN and the color is terrible. Maybe look into getting a cheap Korean monitor.

Link to some interesting Tek Syndicate Vids on korean monitors:

https://teksyndicate.com/news/2013/08/15/tek-syndicate-1440p-monitor-club

Which graphics card did you end up decide on getting. Both GTX 770 and 780 will give you more than 60 fps in some games like Bioshock,BF4, and other triple A games. Most people wont notice the difference from 60 hz to 120 hz. The only thing that you'll see is that things on windows are smother when moving a window. I'd suggest a different monitor if you can. Linus and Slick suggest higher resolution over 120hz because they are TN and the color is terrible. Maybe look into getting a cheap Korean monitor.

Link to some interesting Tek Syndicate Vids on korean monitors:

https://teksyndicate.com/news/2013/08/15/tek-syndicate-1440p-monitor-club

Hi, i can't buy another monitor because i don't have money for that and in my country only sells monitor with 60hz.

So, GTX780 isn't the correct for my monitor, GTX770 will be better for it?.

At 1080p a 770 is more than enough. A 780 is just pushing overkill and a 780ti would be stupid.

At 1440p a 780 would be enough and a 780ti would be just pushing overkill.

People are pretty silly when it comes to GPU's they seem to think that paying an extra £150 for 5% performance is a good idea even though that £150 is like 40% of the price of the original card. NICE RATIO THERE... lol...

Unless you are playing at above 1080p don't even think about a "flagship card", and unless you are playing across multiple monitors don't even think about crossfire/SLI (that's my general rule of thumb)

Of course, you can spend more, but that is the point when price for performance severely drops off.

At 1080p a 770 is more than enough. A 780 is just pushing overkill and a 780ti would be stupid.

At 1440p a 780 would be enough and a 780ti would be just pushing overkill.

People are pretty silly when it comes to GPU's they seem to think that paying an extra £150 for 5% performance is a good idea even though that £150 is like 40% of the price of the original card. NICE RATIO THERE... lol...

Unless you are playing at above 1080p don't even think about a "flagship card", and unless you are playing across multiple monitors don't even think about crossfire/SLI (that's my general rule of thumb)

Of course, you can spend more, but that is the point when price for performance severely drops off.

Thanks for all. Then, i will buy the GTX770 supercloked as i said before here. But my last question, can i play with max settings Batterfield, Assasin Creed 4 Black Flag and Crysis3?. Or not?.

I think that with my monitor 60hz, 50hz-60hz is fine. What do you think?.

Thanks for all. Then, i will buy the GTX770 supercloked as i said before here. But my last question, can i play with max settings Batterfield, Assasin Creed 4 Black Flag and Crysis3?. Or not?.

I think that with my monitor 60hz, 50hz-60hz is fine. What do you think?.

Yes, assuming you do not set AA too high.

In BF4 with my R9 280X (incredibly similar performance to a 770) I get between 40-55 FPS in BF4 on all ultra with 2x AA at 2560 x 1440, so at 1080p that would be like 60-80. Haven't tested Crysis 3 but yeah, as long as you don't go for 8xAA (which isn't even noticable anyway haha) then you will be ok

Yes, assuming you do not set AA too high.

In BF4 with my R9 280X (incredibly similar performance to a 770) I get between 40-55 FPS in BF4 on all ultra with 2x AA at 2560 x 1440, so at 1080p that would be like 60-80. Haven't tested Crysis 3 but yeah, as long as you don't go for 8xAA (which isn't even noticable anyway haha) then you will be ok

Thanks for all. Then GTX770 supercloked is my choise. But what is AA?. Do you mean MSAA and all that stuff?. Which is better by the way?.