was I wrong?

ekwb recommended the EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual) radiator but i thought i could get a better one for the same price. on ek's cooling configurator it said the system would be 27c at idle while mine is 32c. i bought the alphacool nexXxos xt45 because it seemed better in every way because it had more fpi, and it was a full copper radiator. was i wrong, or is ekwb's estimate incorrect?

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

Does the EKWB cooling configuration take into account ambient temps? 

Also, I wouldn't put too much trust in EKWB's configurator as they're obviously going to sway it to make their products seem better. Load temps are what really matter. For idle, a difference of 5C doesn't make any difference.  

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Does the EKWB cooling configuration take into account ambient temps? 

Also, I wouldn't put too much trust in EKWB's configurator as they're obviously going to sway it to make their products seem better. Load temps are what really matter. For idle, a difference of 5C doesn't make any difference.  

thanks, (there was also no way I was gonna pay $25 for shipping and $10 tax for the EK rad)

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

1 hour ago, creepybob said:

ekwb recommended the EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual) radiator but i thought i could get a better one for the same price. on ek's cooling configurator it said the system would be 27c at idle while mine is 32c. i bought the alphacool nexXxos xt45 because it seemed better in every way because it had more fpi, and it was a full copper radiator. was i wrong, or is ekwb's estimate incorrect?

Don't forget therads have different performances with different speeds and fans. The SE rad is a higher fin density rad with more surface area where Alpahcool is lower FPI having slightly less performance but the advantage of running fans at a lower RPM leading to less noise.