Make soft tubing look a bit better?

I've been wanting to try custom water cooling for a while and I'm wondering what I can do to make soft tubing look a bit better. I don't want to start with hard tubing as it look like a pain to do, at least for a beginner. 

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW

keep the tubes as short as possible between fittings, long tubes tend to sack and dont look that nice. that said. you can make really cool looking builds with soft tubing. you just need to have a good plan

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.

3 minutes ago, TommyW2061 said:

keep the tubes as short as possible between fittings, long tubes tend to sack and dont look that nice. that said. you can make really cool looking builds with soft tubing. you just need to have a good plan

Any advice for a loop in the nzxt h440?

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Not sure what you need to make it look better.

A few ideas:

- Keep your tubing runs short

- Use colored fluid in clear tubes

- Or use colored tubes

- Compression fittings will hide any rough cuts at the ends

---

3 minutes ago, Owlman said:

Any advice for a loop in the nzxt h440?

i would say go with a triple 120 rad in the front and a small-medium large pump+res combo, keep the runs small between fittings and try to make bends that you make in the loop as symmetrical as possible compared to the other runs/bends you have. also try to match the color scheme of your mobo/case, that makes things look less chaotic and more clean

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.

2 minutes ago, TommyW2061 said:

i would say go with a triple 120 rad in the front and a small-medium large pump+res combo, keep the runs small between fittings and try to make bends that you make in the loop as symmetrical as possible compared to the other runs/bends you have. also try to match the color scheme of your mobo/case, that makes things look less chaotic and more clean

thanks

Desktop Rig:

I'd also strongly recommend checking out EK's satin black soft tubing - it looks beautiful.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

15 minutes ago, SonoDanshi said:

I'd also strongly recommend checking out EK's satin black soft tubing - it looks beautiful.

Are you talking about their ZMT (zero maintenance tubing )? If not can you provide a link

Desktop Rig:

7 hours ago, Owlman said:

Are you talking about their ZMT (zero maintenance tubing )? If not can you provide a link

Yes I was referring to the black ZMT tubing. Check out the pictures from @Rck010 and @Sazexa respectively in the watercooling gallery to see how it looks in builds.

>> Link 1 <<

>> Link 2 <<

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

I love ZMT from EK. Parallel runs and logical loop order can make and loop look good. Especially with ZMT. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd share pictures.

Here's a picture of one of my previous builds, in an NCase M1, using EK's ZMT tubing.

OldM1Guts.jpeg

On 3/16/2017 at 9:31 AM, Owlman said:

I've been wanting to try custom water cooling for a while and I'm wondering what I can do to make soft tubing look a bit better. I don't want to start with hard tubing as it look like a pain to do, at least for a beginner. 

As mentioned keeping things short and only as long as they are needed helps a lot, one of my personal favorite things to do though with soft tubing is to give it a bend or curve and not try to create straight runs as the tubing naturally want to curve out of the box.