GPD WIN or a tablet

komar

Need a windows device in the 350-400 euro price range.

For the GPD WIN i wanna ask can you use it for web browsing or writing with that small 5.5 inch screen

Also any suggestions for windows tablet in that price range are very appreciated !

does it need to be a laptop that can become a laptop or can you get a pure laptop? Or are you looking for a pure tablet? and a GPD win looks tiny so you probably can, but it won't be a good experience, same with technically speaking I can use a iGPU to play a game on max settings, but it won't be a good playable frame rate, 1fps, if your lucky. in other word yes it's possible, but good luck in doing it.

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Just now, grimreeper132 said:

does it need to be a laptop that can become a laptop or can you get a pure laptop? Or are you looking for a pure tablet? and a GPD win looks tiny so you probably can, but it won't be a good experience, same with technically speaking I can use a iGPU to play a game on max settings, but it won't be a good playable frame rate, 1fps, if your lucky. in other word yes it's possible, but good luck in doing it.

dont need or want a laptop. Dont need high powerfull machine since the only game i play currently runs on the iGPU of pentium 4. Only weakness of the gpd is the tiny display - i either need to scale witch will be terible or use some zooming program all of the time

Just now, komar said:

dont need or want a laptop. Dont need high powerfull machine since the only game i play currently runs on the iGPU of pentium 4. Only weakness of the gpd is the tiny display - i either need to scale witch will be terible or use some zooming program all of the time

so you want a pure tablet, and the GPD has a tiny display, what's the use of this device that you play to get, just web browsing and text editing or do you wanna do light gaming on it to? (e.g. what you do on your Pentium) cause the GPD's keyboard also looks quite small which isn't good for typing.

And more, several more

1 minute ago, grimreeper132 said:

so you want a pure tablet, and the GPD has a tiny display, what's the use of this device that you play to get, just web browsing and text editing or do you wanna do light gaming on it to? (e.g. what you do on your Pentium) cause the GPD's keyboard also looks quite small which isn't good for typing.

- Intel Pentium IV 2GHz processor
- NVIDIA GeForce 9500 video card
- 1 GB RAM
- 40GB free hard disk space

These are the recomended system specs for my game ( Voyage Century Online)

I want from this device to replace my phone for everything except calls / mesages and mp3 music witch is YouTube/ text reading very rare editing / browsing and remotely controling my PC at home using TeamViewer or tightVNC. Dont have ilusions that i can play other demanding games on it so ill use streaming from my PC to it for that.

Here are the things that stop me from bouth

GPD too small screen

Tablet - (only experience from frs) windows on tablet sucks  - bad optimization for tuch and so on

But since i wont have that much time to spend infront of my PC i need to choose 1

17 minutes ago, komar said:

-SNIP-

ok so web browsing, videos, light video editing and remote desktoping onto a PC, right for that any tablet really will do you, as you don't seam to worry to much about specs, as well what your doing isn't that demanding, I would suggest maybe looking into a 2 in 1 laptop, which are both tablets and laptops, their screen will be large enough for you, and the detachable keyboard means that when every you need the keyboard you can use it, e.g. video editing I don't know what you options are where you are but go for the 2 in 1 which has the best CPU and the most RAM, I doubt that you will need anymore than 120GB storage, but you might be able to get a 2 in 1 with a 1tb HDD in it which will defiantly be enough for you.

by the way not be rude, but I am guessing English is not your first language, so just so you know

witch is a magical woman which flies around in the sky with a cat

which is what how you spell what your trying to say.

it's both not bouth

it's touch not tuch

I know the English language is hard, I struggle with it too, in many ways, this anit mean to be rude that part but it's a if no one tells you you'll never learn

And more, several more

4 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

ok so web browsing, videos, light video editing and remote desktoping onto a PC, right for that any tablet really will do you, as you don't seam to worry to much about specs, as well what your doing isn't that demanding, I would suggest maybe looking into a 2 in 1 laptop, which are both tablets and laptops, their screen will be large enough for you, and the detachable keyboard means that when every you need the keyboard you can use it, e.g. video editing I don't know what you options are where you are but go for the 2 in 1 which has the best CPU and the most RAM, I doubt that you will need anymore than 120GB storage, but you might be able to get a 2 in 1 with a 1tb HDD in it which will defiantly be enough for you.

by the way not be rude, but I am guessing English is not your first language, so just so you know

witch is a magical woman which flies around in the sky with a cat

which is what how you spell what your trying to say.

it's both not bouth

it's touch not tuch

I know the English language is hard, I struggle with it too, in many ways, this anit mean to be rude that part but it's a if no one tells you you'll never learn

Thank you about the 2 in 1 - helped me to remember about the asus transformers

Also no problem for correcting me  - i know that my english sucks (specially when I'm used to type on a device with auto corrects it and have no habit of going back + I'm used to type how i hear the words (really bad for english ) - thats why i dont make much difference between witch and which  :D

10 minutes ago, komar said:

Thank you about the 2 in 1 - helped me to remember about the asus transformers

Also no problem for correcting me  - i know that my english sucks (specially when I'm used to type on a device with auto corrects it and have no habit of going back + I'm used to type how i hear the words (really bad for english ) - thats why i dont make much difference between witch and which  :D

yea, 2 in 1's seam like what you want try extend the budget to one with an i3 though, as that way you won't be left behind as badly in the future performance wise. don't worry at least you can speak more than one language, and I do that as spelling is hard

And more, several more

7 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

yea, 2 in 1's seam like what you want try extend the budget to one with an i3 though, as that way you won't be left behind as badly in the future performance wise. don't worry at least you can speak more than one language, and I do that as spelling is hard

yeah lol - core M at 0.8 GHz - no thank you xD

1 more option that i found out soon is a single board computer with intel cpu for windows support - something like the pico 312 - specs here http://www.axiomtek.com/Default.aspx?MenuId=Products&FunctionId=ProductView&ItemId=23298&upcat=137

Gonna try a few stuff and if i can monitor it on network with no internet access i will definetly look into that more

1 minute ago, komar said:

-SNIP-

no point with a single board, they are shit, and not worth it. the specs are very low and I don't know what pricing is, but I can't see them being worth it in anyway or it lasting longer than a year before it's unbearably slow

And more, several more

8 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

no point with a single board, they are shit, and not worth it. the specs are very low and I don't know what pricing is, but I can't see them being worth it in anyway or it lasting longer than a year before it's unbearably slow

most of them yes  - just for example the GPD WIN can even get GTA 5 to work on 20-25 fps (turn down graphicks from config files)  and the board that i said is a notch faster  but bare - just the board which i dont mind that much IF i can use my old Toshiba at300 for a screen and that thing doesnt cost more than 150 euro lol

Just now, komar said:

most of them yes  - just for example the GPD WIN can even get GTA 5 to work on 20-25 fps (turn down graphicks from config files)  and the board that i said is a notch faster  but bare - just the board which i dont mind that much IF i can use my old Toshiba at300 for a screen and that thing doesnt cost more than 150 euro lol

if your budget will allow it might be worth just getting a new PC at that point then, be it a laptop or a desktop, as it will replace your old PC, as it will be faster and better, it also will be able to do everything else you want it to do, yes I understand that your current PC does you fine, but if you get another, newer better one, you can do more with it, and possibly get better fps that your old one, and almost certainty more than the GPD

And more, several more

2 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

if your budget will allow it might be worth just getting a new PC at that point then, be it a laptop or a desktop, as it will replace your old PC, as it will be faster and better, it also will be able to do everything else you want it to do, yes I understand that your current PC does you fine, but if you get another, newer better one, you can do more with it, and possibly get better fps that your old one, and almost certainty more than the GPD

xD sorry i didnt mention this in the first place but I am getting an upgrade for my PC - this sh*t is running with my old q6600 and 6 gb ram ever since my athlon 760k motherboard pissed me off finnaly with its unstable power phases - wiaitng for the ryzen 5 line to lunch. The budget that i said is without the money that i think i will need for the pc upgrade.

Just now, komar said:

xD sorry i didnt mention this in the first place but I am getting an upgrade for my PC - this sh*t is running with my old q6600 and 6 gb ram ever since my athlon 760k motherboard pissed me off finnaly with its unstable power phases - wiaitng for the ryzen 5 line to lunch. The budget that i said is without the money that i think i will need for the pc upgrade.

oh ok, fair enough, right in that case a cheaper i3 2 in 1 will do you then, and get a good R5 PC, imagine you can get both in your budget

And more, several more

14 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

oh ok, fair enough, right in that case a cheaper i3 2 in 1 will do you then, and get a good R5 PC, imagine you can get both in your budget

thank you for your help man :)

I hope that ill be able to get the new cpu (and make my iWindows (modded G5 case) great again xD - louis rossmann fan) soon in my country and then see how much i have left and go from there

On 3/16/2017 at 5:57 AM, komar said:

Need a windows device in the 350-400 euro price range.

For the GPD WIN i wanna ask can you use it for web browsing or writing with that small 5.5 inch screen

Also any suggestions for windows tablet in that price range are very appreciated !

I`d recommend the GPD Pocket personally if you can wait. It`s still on kickstarter, but I believe units are sent out on april. It`s essentially a more powerful GPD Win with a bigger keyboard minus the controls. It`s more practical as a PC than the GPD Win and it`s small enough to fit in your pocket.