Public service announcement

When cleaning your PC, please take the time to clean your power supply. this one still worked, but had just started making noises.

(this was not mine, i was just cleaning it, but decided to replace it)

Edit:

i guess i'll add this safety note here because the voltage inside a power supply can be dangerous

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Another psa - Please don't try to take apart your PSU to clean the insides. You might make a shocking discovery. Instead, go the prevention route and put a filter on your PSU intake. No filter to spare? Flip it fan side up so that it draws air from the inside that is already filtered. 

compressed air is fine for cleaning a power supply, just dont go poking around inside.

mIedIAA.jpg

Edited by SilentXer0

Where's the blood and the sheep's body?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Have seen similar PSU's, without a brand name. No sheep blood was involved. This is the same reason I'm saying that PSU's just don't suddenly explode.

Also, this seems to be a good PSU. Personaly, I would clean it with a toothbrush and replace the stock fan for a new one. (if it can't be fixed with a drop of oil)

27 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Another psa - Please don't try to take apart your PSU to clean the insides. You might make a shocking discovery. Instead, go the prevention route and put a filter on your PSU intake. No filter to spare? Flip it fan side up so that it draws air from the inside that is already filtered. 

or just use compressed air carefully 

1 hour ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Have seen similar PSU's, without a brand name. No sheep blood was involved. This is the same reason I'm saying that PSU's just don't suddenly explode.

Also, this seems to be a good PSU. Personaly, I would clean it with a toothbrush and replace the stock fan for a new one. (if it can't be fixed with a drop of oil)

that system got a new supply, But it was cleaned and put in one of my home systems (my sons minecraft server),  so if it fails i don't have to leave the house to service it.

Happy to see you still used it, after you've cleaned it. Old stuff isn't instantly junk.