Wait for Ryzen 5? Yay or nay?

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

If you have a 1920x1080 monitor, you might want to drop back down to a GTX 1070 and grab a 2560x1440 IPS panel. 

If you wait for the 11th of April, you might be able to save some cash by getting a R5 1400.

isnt the r5 1400 worse?

Just now, Jacob Canale said:

isnt the r5 1400 worse?

Than a 7700K, yes.

It is also 40%-50% cheaper.

Just now, stconquest said:

Than a 7700K, yes.

It is also 40%-50% cheaper.

eh, im still an intel fanboy, also i would have to spend 100 dollars more for an asus aura mobo

Just now, Jacob Canale said:

eh, im still an intel fanboy, also i would have to spend 100 dollars more for an asus aura mobo

If you lose 10% gaming performance for 40% less cost... that is kind of a win when you take this level of performance into relative consideration.  Please note, we don't have exact benchmarks for the R5/R3 line ups yet.

6 hours ago, Jacob Canale said:

I fixed my build! It has All the things I wanted, minus the ssd. I have one at home I guess I can use

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2Hby3F

You can edit it further if you would like, just keep the asus aura thing going.

honestly, that's great...lots of ''too expensive for what they are'' parts IMHO, but this is just my opinion and you said if you're ''really'' into aestectics things and you don't mind having a cheaper/louder/more expensive cooler but that has a led ring going around it then it's your business :) at least now you have a good CPU in the list...that will last you more than a year (cause the core i5 in modern games is already seeing full load on all cores and already start chocking higher end graphics solution) the core i7 for such a nice gaming PC is a must IMHO...

The suggestion to get a 2560x1440 monitor is a valid one, if you only have a 1080p monitor planned then yeah i would also suggest dropping to a GTX 1070 and get a 2560x1440 IPS panel with your build.

Good luck! ...send me a picture if you can once it's built i'd like to see it!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR