Sony now lets you buy digital PlayStation games from Amazon and other retailers

qwertywarrior

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/12/sony-amazon-playstation-network-store/

what an odd move

this means lower prices since sony doesnt have a monoploy anymore like they did with the ps3

right ?

amzn_psn_launch_credit_slideshow_takeove

Sony has decided its PlayStation Network (PSN) Store isn't going to be the only place you can purchase digital PlayStation games. Utilizing a model similar to Valve's PC game marketplace Steam, the company will allow online retailers to launch their own storefronts for Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Playstation Vita titles (although PS4 titles aren't listed right now). As spotted by Kotaku, Amazon launched its US PlayStation Network store today and is offering $5 PSN credit on digital orders -- credit which can, if you wish, be redeemed in its two get one free promotion starting at noon ET today. Digital PlayStation 4 games will launch alongside physical titles, making an all-digital game library a reality, but a Sony monopoly over pricing may have affected their overall success. With Amazon's PlayStation Store, and other potential partnerships, Sony will let gamers shop around for the best game deals, just like they did with boxed copies.

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Amazon sales will be the steam sales of PS4....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Put them on steam and ill buy a ps4

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Everyone always regards Steam as the pinnacle digital distribution platform that pretty much knows what the consumer wants. 

It's good to see Sony taking a note out of Valve's book, as it's ultimately better for the consumer, not to mention Amazon has some pretty killer sales at times. Let's just hope

that the digital option (Amazon) will be available to more than Americans like it is now.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Everyone always regards Steam as the pinnacle digital distribution platform that pretty much knows what the consumer wants. 

It's good to see Sony taking a note out of Valve's book, as it's ultimately better for the consumer, not to mention Amazon has some pretty killer sales at times. Let's just hope

that the digital option (Amazon) will be available to more than Americans like it is now.

this is great news 

sometimes i like to find games i havnt played before 

its almost impossible to find older games where i live at 

and even if i find them they still have the same price they always had 

this will solve one of my many issues with the ps3 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

tbh I prefer Origin to Steam!

Inb4 hate

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

This is a wonderful idea, if only i could afford to get a PS4.....

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670