Redneck loop possible?

I want to watercool my pc, but I don't want it to look pretty. I WANT it to look like it's half-assed and was built on a 10 dollar budget. Can i use things like pond water pumps, waterbottle res, bike tire tubing, zip ties or metal hose clamps instead of proper fittings? I would buy a proper cpu block of course but it wouldn't be a very good one. 

Keep in mind this loop would probably have no advantage over air cooling, and it might even make the cpu run a little HOTTER. I just want to build a pc that looks like shit for fun, as long as it works.

I am gonna use new hardware ofc! :D Ryzen, 1080ti, 16gb ram etc etc. It's gonna be a sleeper. 

On the topic of new hardware, is there any AM4 boards that look like OEM boards? (green pcb, one or two expansion pci-e slots etc)

7 minutes ago, PandaOnTech said:

I want to watercool my pc, but I don't want it to look pretty. I WANT it to look like it's half-assed and was built on a 10 dollar budget. Can i use things like pond water pumps, waterbottle res, bike tire tubing, zip ties or metal hose clamps instead of proper fittings? I would buy a proper cpu block of course but it wouldn't be a very good one. 

Keep in mind this loop would probably have no advantage over air cooling, and it might even make the cpu run a little HOTTER. I just want to build a pc that looks like shit for fun, as long as it works.

I am gonna use new hardware ofc! :D Ryzen, 1080ti, 16gb ram etc etc. It's gonna be a sleeper. 

On the topic of new hardware, is there any AM4 boards that look like OEM boards? (green pcb, one or two expansion pci-e slots etc)

just...just why (also make sure the (shitty) water loop does not leak thats some serious $$$

Sure. Except the bike tire tubing. Dat ain't gonna work, buddy.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

most of those were used back when aio units weren't around let alone CPU blocks etc. You can grab a heater core from a car (a.c. rad) as a radiator, garden hose for tubing using hose clamps is a must.

I'd suggest missing in water guides for inevitable leaks. Such as under the CPU block connections have a small pan which drains to a tube going into a water bottle so you can check for leaks. Would look even more thrown together.

Car radiator + some kind of block (anything that could be mounted and could transfer heat) + aquarium pump + garden hose, thats what people did before manufactures started making parts meant for water cooling.

30045223Q33.jpg

3004530a107.jpg

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

22 hours ago, PandaOnTech said:

Can i use things like pond water pumps, waterbottle res, bike tire tubing, zip ties or metal hose clamps instead of proper fittings? I would buy a proper cpu block of course but it wouldn't be a very good one. 

LOL, for the love of god WHY?! NO! By all means go for a crappy 'Redkneck' theme build, that could be kind of cool actually, but don't do it with parts that aren't meant for watercooling! Fair enough if you were using old and low value components, but with Ryzen, 1080Ti etc. you're clinically insane to try this, with considerable risk of damaging (perhaps irreparably) all of it, not to mention NONE of the performance benefits of watercooling in the first place! Of course, if you're a millionaire who can afford to lose it all then go nuts, but otherwise, please see a doctor, I am worried for you.

While this isn't actually impossible to pull off successfully, if you had the required skill to do it you wouldn't be asking how to.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

On 3/15/2017 at 10:10 AM, atomicus said:

snip

thats the point. i HAVE done watercooling before, i just don't know what parts to use for this redneck build.

also, gfys. if i wanna do it im gonna do it, and it will NOT leak, thats why i posted on this forum in the first place. to make sure i make a loop with no leaks. (also im making it in a used Dell case, to make it look even more home grown)

28 minutes ago, PandaOnTech said:

thats the point. i HAVE done watercooling before, i just don't know what parts to use for this redneck build.

also, gfys. if i wanna do it im gonna do it, and it will NOT leak, thats why i posted on this forum in the first place. to make sure i make a loop with no leaks. (also im making it in a used Dell case, to make it look even more home grown)

Sorry, the point is to make a crazy dangerous loop that puts all your expensive components at risk of permanent damage?

You can't guarantee it won't leak, nothing and no-one can do that. Even using proper components you can't guarantee that, although the chance is minimal in that instance of course. You're talking about building a loop from things that aren't even intended for that purpose, have no quality control and a very large question mark over reliability. Regardless of your skill as a watercooler (I'll take your word on that), you will simply be at the mercy of these shoddy unreliable parts. Nothing can "make sure you make a loop with no leaks". This is like saying you want to build a car from bits you find at a scrap yard, but don't worry, it will be sure not to break down or crash! Yeah, OK, sure... welcome to fantasy dream land! Oh look, a Unicorn!

It's your money of course, but I think you're absolutely crazy to try this with anything other than proper watercooling components.

As I say, the idea of a redneck themed build is a good one, but unless you can afford to lose all the money invested in your system, do it properly.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

I say do it! Yes it's risky, but if your OK with that JUST DO IT and please post pics!

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

48 minutes ago, Eddie Current said:

I say do it! Yes it's risky, but if your OK with that JUST DO IT and please post pics!

It's more than risky, and he HAS to be OK with potentially destroying his whole system. Even regular watercooling accepts a certain risk... what he's proposing is way way beyond that lol! But yeah, would be fun to watch this unfold, so why not... :D