The Legend of a Turtle

Today, I would like to tell a story of a legend known only as Tortex the turtle. Tortex is my computer. It is a turtle, because as my sister harshly said (as a joke) "It's going to be super slow". Also, anyone who plays guitar may know that Tortex is the name of one of Dunlop's picks, and is taped to my case. Tortex is rocking a msi z170 a pro, a Samsung 960 evo (by far my highest quality part), a seagate barracuda 320 gig hard drive, a i5 6500 that I really want to replace with something overclock able, a legendary rx 460, a corsair 750 watt PSU, all inside the awful rosewill challenger S. This is my first computer build, and I am super proud, and I think that this build addresses a certain type of gaming that nobody really talks about. 1080p, 30-40 fps. Not everybody, and especially not me, is a legendary gamer who can both tell the difference between 30 and 60fps in game, and make a difference with it. I find for honor fine at 30. This computer is so casual, that I don't even have a single ame with a competitive mode on it, though that will most likely change soon. 

While I am no overclocking veteran, i think I did pretty well with my aforementioned legendary 100 dollar card. he gigabyte windforce 4gb oc edition rx 460. I maybe should hve gotten the 2gb version instead, but whatever. After a afterburner downloading nightmare with annoying issues, I started Overclocking. I got up to 1317 mhz on the core and 1835 mhz on the memory, with a fan speed of eight. Pretty darn good.

5 minutes ago, ZevDog12 said:

Today, I would like to tell a story of a legend known only as Tortex the turtle. Tortex is my computer. It is a turtle, because as my sister harshly said (as a joke) "It's going to be super slow". Also, anyone who plays guitar may know that Tortex is the name of one of Dunlop's picks, and is taped to my case. Tortex is rocking a msi z170 a pro, a Samsung 960 evo (by far my highest quality part), a seagate barracuda 320 gig hard drive, a i5 6500 that I really want to replace with something overclock able, a legendary rx 460, a corsair 750 watt PSU, all inside the awful rosewill challenger S. This is my first computer build, and I am super proud, and I think that this build addresses a certain type of gaming that nobody really talks about. 1080p, 30-40 fps. Not everybody, and especially not me, is a legendary gamer who can both tell the difference between 30 and 60fps in game, and make a difference with it. I find for honor fine at 30. This computer is so casual, that I don't even have a single ame with a competitive mode on it, though that will most likely change soon. 

My brother also enjoys For Honor at 30FPS. Sadly his PSU went, and now I have to explain it to him...

8 minutes ago, ZevDog12 said:

Today, I would like to tell a story of a legend known only as Tortex the turtle. Tortex is my computer. It is a turtle, because as my sister harshly said (as a joke) "It's going to be super slow".

To be fair, the computer is not really a slouch. Your sister may not really know what "slow" is. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

To be fair, the computer is not really a slouch. Your sister may not really know what "slow" is. 

I agree, but that comment was pre-build, and a joke.

I like this turtle, it's got heart. And does it's 1080p job very well I imagine.

This is the kind of turtle that would win a race against the hare.

Thanks to the legends at ebay tortex is getting a 6600k. If it arrives. or works. Seems a tad bit on the sketchy side.

Why 750W PSU though?!

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

1 hour ago, LUUD18 said:

Why 750W PSU though?!

Went to my local store and they had a deal on it. It was cheaper then a 600 watt, so I figured why not

Sounds like a solid PC for what you want.  I prefer around 45 fps and higher, but I know people that can't tell a major different between 30 and 60, so if you don't notice, save your money I suppose.  As for the name, Tortex is solid.  I used to play guitar with Tortex picks actually.  I use Ultex Jazz III XL's now, but I might go back to the Tortex at some point.