Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Case LEDS?

Datenshi

EDIT: Basically I want these two case LEDS to work, because currently they don't light up at all.

phanteks.jpg

------------------------------------------------

Hello guys,

I never realized my case has LEDS around the start button and the front panel. Only, i'm baffled on how to make them work and google doesn't really give a clear answer.

I found a cable that says only connect phanteks LED strips. Do i really need to buy another set of 1m LEDS? I'm already using a Hue+.. And anyone knows where the connection for power button & front panel LED actually sits?

This is my info:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/S7Studio/saved/4jKBmG

Thanks!

IMG_6142.JPG

IMG_6143.JPG

PS: That Corsair PSU in the first picture died in 2 weeks, so replaced it. I also changed my rad to the front and put some new fans in after these pictures were taken.

I have the p400. Near the top of case is a socket to plug in a phanteks RGB strip. It's really obvious when you find it. If you had posted this 5 hours ago I would have taken a photo of the plugs for you. I just did some work on it and I don't want to take the side panel off again. You can trace it from the SATA power connector to the power button and down to the front panel led.

I don't recommend the phanteks strip for white coz the white is really blue. I don't know if the phanteks plug is compatable with the hue as I do not have the hue, you can Google that.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I have the p400. Near the top of case is a socket to plug in a phanteks RGB strip. It's really obvious when you find it. If you had posted this 5 hours ago I would have taken a photo of the plugs for you. I just did some work on it and I don't want to take the side panel off again. You can trace it from the SATA power connector to the power button and down to the front panel led.

I don't recommend the phanteks strip for white coz the white is really blue. I don't know if the phanteks plug is compatable with the hue as I do not have the hue, you can Google that.

Hello,

Thanks, i found the cable to connect it. But this means the power LED and front panel will only light up if i connect another strip to it, there's no means to bypass this?

Just now, Datenshi said:

Hello,

Thanks, i found the cable to connect it. But this means the power LED and front panel will only light up if i connect another strip to it, there's no means to bypass this?

No it will work without strip. I'm not sure what you mean

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Basically, on this picture you see the two case LEDS. I just want them to work, cuz currently they're not. That's all i want :)

Just trying to figure out how.

phanteks.jpg

26 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

No it will work without strip. I'm not sure what you mean

forgot to quote :)

Oh that's easy there's a SATA power looking plug on the case. Connect that up to a SATA power plug from PSU and you're done

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Oh that's easy there's a SATA power looking plug on the case. Connect that up to a SATA power plug from PSU and you're done

Could you be a little more specific? Where did you find it on yours? It's probably in a similar place.

EDIT: oh wait a minute, i think i know where that little bugger is! Thanks! I'll check it once i get home.

1 minute ago, Datenshi said:

Could you be a little more specific? Where did you find it on yours? It's probably in a similar place.

EDIT: oh wait a minute, i think i know where that little bugger is! Thanks! I'll check it once i get home.

Yes iv seen this a few times. For some reason people are scared or it's just not obvious but the phanteks cases get led power from the PSU SATA. Older cases used molex so I think that throws a lot of people off

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

Yes iv seen this a few times. For some reason people are scared or it's just not obvious but the phanteks cases get led power from the PSU SATA. Older cases used molex so I think that throws a lot of people off

Thank god this is info is available on their website/guide ... *sarcasm*

Thank you man!

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I just rushed over during lunch break haha, and it works thanks! Either i missed a very important paper or Phanteks does not make that clear at all. The cable itself didn't have any tag either.

IMG_6149.JPG

• 9 months later...

I am 9 months late on this, but can you share what the connector looks like? I can't find any on my evolv itx :(

• 1 year later...

Another year later, can anyone take a picture or detail where this LED power plug for the case is?

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, dub24 said:

Another year later, can anyone take a picture or detail where this LED power plug for the case is?

Thank you!

It's at the back of the case, mine was just hanging and they were also labeled for me with text telling me what it is. Do you not see anything at the back that looks like a sata power connector?

On 12/30/2018 at 12:54 PM, maatty said:

It's at the back of the case, mine was just hanging and they were also labeled for me with text telling me what it is. Do you not see anything at the back that looks like a sata power connector?

No, I didn't find anything other than some molex plugs.  I actually bought this PC from a third party.  The button and panel lights never worked and I recently upgraded the PSU so figured I would investigate.  I guess the next step is to undo all the cable management and dig deeper.  Do you have any idea where the power cable connects to on the case?

When you mean back, do you mean the rear or the non-windowed access panel?

Thank you,