Horrible screen tearing in video

p3acefrog

I have 3 LG 27in monitors Link that i use via HDMI with a gtx 970. I am having an issue with terrible screen tearing when watching any videos on chrome. Netflix youtube amazon video all tear really bad there usually a small box in the center and then a few verticle lines in the left part of the screen. Im unaware of this happens in other browsers as its hard to test. ive treid updating my drivers and changing chrome flags and nvidia 3d setttings and v sync nothing seems to help ill try to get a video of it later and upload it if anyone has any ideas please let me know

Checked it out on firefox was not experiencing any screen tearing

• 3 weeks later...

I have/had a similar issue with my screen doing the same thing.

(4K LED w/980 TI)

Some things that I've done to help reduce it.

- chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling (Disable it)

- If with NVidia enable "Adaptive" VSYNC (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/adaptive-vsync/technology)

I know you mentioned doing "some chrome flags and vsync things" but, just in case this was not exactly what you did you could give it a try.  

BTW -- even after doing all the above (and clean uninstall/reinstall NVidia Drivers using DDU), I still get it in Chrome.  Sad to say Edge and Firefox are better for video consumption without tearing.