HDMI to VGA not working

KillingTime
Go to solution Solved by 79 Potatoes,
1 minute ago, KillingTime said:

well, the thing is that the graphics card only have 1 dvi port, 3 display ports and 1 hdmi port

HDMI to DVI, only needs passive adaptor so it won't be expensive

I have bought a hdmi to vga adapter that has worked with my gtx 960 strix for a couple of time but now it provides no signal at all to the monitor. I have a main monitor that is connected to my graphics card by dvi to vga which works fine but its the second monitor that is using the hdmi to vga adapter that cannot produce any image its just a black screen but it has worked a few times before

5 minutes ago, KillingTime said:

I have bought a hdmi to vga adapter that has worked with my gtx 960 strix for a couple of time but now it provides no signal at all to the monitor. I have a main monitor that is connected to my graphics card by dvi to vga which works fine but its the second monitor that is using the hdmi to vga adapter that cannot produce any image its just a black screen but it has worked a few times before

Active adapters can be somewhat unreliable which is why people try to stay away from them. Do either of your monitors have anything besides VGA?

10 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Active adapters can be somewhat unreliable which is why people try to stay away from them. Do either of your monitors have anything besides VGA?

one of them only have vga the other have vga and dvi

18 minutes ago, KillingTime said:

one of them only have vga the other have vga and dvi

Use DVI-I to VGA adapter for the VGA monitor and use the DVI-D port for the DVI monitor.

9 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Use DVI-I to VGA adapter for the VGA monitor and use the DVI-D port for the DVI monitor.

I'd suggest this too its what some of the GPU manufacturers like MSI (used to?) bundle with their DVI supported cards.

PC Specs: i5 4690K, MSI GTX 970 Gaming, 16GB Crucial Ballistx Tactical at 1866Mhz, MSI Guard Pro, 120GB Crucial MX100, 4TB HGST HDD, NZXT H440 Black/Blue

Phone: Oneplus 3 w/ Moto 360 2nd gen

Consoles: New 3DS XL, Xbox One, Nintendo switch soon hopefully.

25 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

well, the thing is that the graphics card only have 1 dvi port, 3 display ports and 1 hdmi port

1 minute ago, KillingTime said:

HDMI to DVI, only needs passive adaptor so it won't be expensive

This is a signature.

7 minutes ago, KillingTime said:

What is the new GPU?

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

Use an HDMI to DVI cable then

hmm... haven't thought of that, I think I'll try that 

On 3/9/2017 at 6:02 PM, Comic_Sans_MS said:

What is the new GPU?

nonono its the same gpu I have the gtx 960 strix 2gb Im just stating the ports it have