What should I buy?

I can either add my GPU to my loop or buy fans for my radiator that currently has none. Which should I do? I have a gtx 1070 strix, and was going to get an ek block for it, but I have also been saving up for 3 nzxt aer 120 fans and a hue +.

i would say fans for now because the gpu block can wait, unless you are thermal throttling

The Strix has good cooling so I would have your loop ready to actually receive the extra heat load before adding the GPU

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 minutes ago, Pocketbird said:

i would say fans for now because the gpu block can wait, unless you are thermal throttling

Not thermal throttling at all, but I'm using a core P5, so any fan noise is easy to hear :(.

Just now, Damascus said:

The Strix has good cooling so I would have your loop ready to actually receive the extra heat load before adding the GPU

Yeah I was a little worried about this. 

6 minutes ago, Pocketbird said:

Agreed, and with enough case airflow, that shouldn't ever be a problem. My FTW is running a 2100MHz overclock and with all four 140mm fans (2 in via rad, 2 out) plus a 120mm out the back at full chooch (thank you BeQuiet for making barely noticeable fan noise) the GPU doesn't much go over 80*C with water temps in the 40's. As I said elsewhere, that gives me a pretty solid 60 FPS at 4k in Doom 2016 Ultra.

GPUs that exhaust into the case need fresh air. The more the better.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Agreed, and with enough case airflow, that shouldn't ever be a problem. My FTW is running a 2100MHz overclock and with all four 140mm fans (2 in via rad, 2 out) plus a 120mm out the back at full chooch (thank you BeQuiet for making barely noticeable fan noise) the GPU doesn't much go over 80*C with water temps in the 40's. As I said elsewhere, that gives me a pretty solid 60 FPS at 4k in Doom 2016 Ultra.

GPUs that exhaust into the case need fresh air. The more the better.

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

8 minutes ago, Pocketbird said:

I guess I'll get the fans then. Thanks for the input!