Legend of Zelda remasters/remakes

PackYourBaggins

So with the hype surrounding Breath of the Wild, I decided it was time I get into the Zelda series. (Skipping the 2D games. Only playing the 3D games) And I noticed that when I was searching for Ocarina of Time, it was $20 on the 3DS, but only $10 on the Wii U. I thought this was odd, and a friend of mine said that the 3DS was more of a remastered version, and the Wii U version was more of a re-release. So after hearing that, I picked it up earlier today for the 3DS because I like having a nicer looking game, but I would've preferred it on the Wii U, so I could play on a bigger screen such as my TV. 

IF.. what he told me is true, are the other HD remakes of the 3D Zelda's after OoT also better looking on the 3DS, or could I pick them up on the Wii U without fear of lesser graphical fidelity, or should I stick with the 3DS versions?

pick up a pi and play Zelda there, the 3ds verson is a better gfx version but doesn't have the charm. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

pick up a pi and play Zelda there, the 3ds verson is a better gfx version but doesn't have the charm. 

A Raspberry Pi? I'd rather play them on the Wii U. (Or 3DS if it looks better I guess) Personally I don't see how it'll have more charm with less graphical quality, but maybe that's just because I'm very new to the series, and haven't played any before today. I did play Link's Awakening for about 15 minutes, but the older 2D games haven't aged well, which is why I'm skipping them, and I was even recommended by other long-time Zelda fans to do so, as the old games are "novelty items" at this point. 

I got a little off track there, but my point is that I'd like to stick to the consoles.

20 minutes ago, RelentlessN7 said:

So with the hype surrounding Breath of the Wild, I decided it was time I get into the Zelda series. (Skipping the 2D games. Only playing the 3D games) And I noticed that when I was searching for Ocarina of Time, it was $20 on the 3DS, but only $10 on the Wii U. I thought this was odd, and a friend of mine said that the 3DS was more of a remastered version, and the Wii U version was more of a re-release. So after hearing that, I picked it up earlier today for the 3DS because I like having a nicer looking game, but I would've preferred it on the Wii U, so I could play on a bigger screen such as my TV. 

IF.. what he told me is true, are the other HD remakes of the 3D Zelda's after OoT also better looking on the 3DS, or could I pick them up on the Wii U without fear of lesser graphical fidelity, or should I stick with the 3DS versions?

Ocarina of Time and Majoras mask remake is available on 3ds, Windwaker (gamecube version I feel looks better and is styled better) and twilight princess  remakes on wii u

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

Ocarina of Time and Majoras mask remake is available on 3ds, Windwaker (gamecube version I feel looks better and is styled better) and twilight princess  remakes on wii u

Ok, so the Wii U versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask aren't remakes?

Just now, RelentlessN7 said:

Ok, so the Wii U versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask aren't remakes?

No. Its the original n64 game being emulated on the wii u

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Just now, Scruffy90 said:

No. Its the original n64 game being emulated on the wii u

Damn. Kinda disappointed about that. My eyes get much more strained looking at the 3DS' small screen. I may compare the 2 Majora's Mask versions to see if there's that big of a difference before I buy. I'm committed to Ocarina of Time though. Bought it today for the 3DS.

22 minutes ago, RelentlessN7 said:

Damn. Kinda disappointed about that. My eyes get much more strained looking at the 3DS' small screen. I may compare the 2 Majora's Mask versions to see if there's that big of a difference before I buy. I'm committed to Ocarina of Time though. Bought it today for the 3DS.

If you dont mind playing with 20 year old graphics, it still holds up pretty well. 

14 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

If you dont mind playing with 20 year old graphics, it still holds up pretty well. 

I may just suck it up and play it for the 3DS. I'm a shameless graphics enthusiast ¯\_(ツ)_/¯