Ryzen or nah

so im building my first pc and was wondering wehther i should get ryzen 1800x or the intel 7700k. I was gonna get 7700k b4 but have heard some reviews bout ryzen. what u gusy think?

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/8vBnCy

this my build 

depends for light gaming and mostly work such as rendering multitasking and other cpu intensive task, for purely gaming no. 

how bad is ryzen 1800x in a gaming sense compared to 7700k

AMD has shown that their ryzen cpu's are for streaming and work along side light gaming. if you intend to stream, video edit then a ryzen CPU is for you.

hope this helps

Just now, hamoudi said:

the 7700k is better for gaming but the 1800x beats it in multi-core performance obviously. but yeah if you are gaming go with 7700k.

1 minute ago, hamoudi said:

not bad, not the best judge for yourself  

7700K is better and cheaper. Gaming alone isn't really the 1800X's strong suit. It is designed to be good at multi-threaded applications. Things like gaming and streaming, it may start to pull ahead. 

the CPUs aren't bad at all, it depends what you're going to use it for, if your only using it for gaming then either wait till ryzen 5 or if you want/need a PC now then get a 7700k

If you aren't doing super heavy stuff you might not even need the 1800X and might just need the 1700X or just 1700. Also wait for 1080 ti, it's coming out really, super soon

but this is what im seeing on some websites and reviewers so, in a year or 2, more games will take advantages of 8 cores so if i was thinking long term, wouldnt it be better to get ryzen

2 minutes ago, hamoudi said:

but this is what im seeing on some websites and reviewers so, in a year or 2, more games will take advantages of 8 cores so if i was thinking long term, wouldnt it be better to get ryzen

depends on the games you play, highend AAA games yes but most indie games no. 

3 minutes ago, hamoudi said:

That was the same thing they said when the FX series came out. 5 years later and only a handfull of games use more than 4 cores

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

5 minutes ago, Moress said:

That was the same thing they said when the FX series came out. 5 years later and only a handfull of games use more than 4 cores

ya but if you go see the benchmarks, after some time it started beating the i7/i5 that were beating it before on most games because of the extra threads, and Zens architecture is much better than Fx's

10 minutes ago, hamoudi said:

Technically it does on more cpu bound games with Intel hardware at least, however most games still do not scale on Ryzen. 

6 minutes ago, Moress said:

Bulldozer was simply doomed from the start. It  was just a bad compromise of an architecture even the 9590 couldn't save it.