why did my dad buy this gaming laptop??

he bought this beast $1,500 gaming laptop and all he does is sell stuff on eBay and if he does ever play on pc it's streaming from the Xbox one to his laptop upstairs cause his wife is downstairs working he doesn't own any games on pc except half life 1... he bought it a year ago and he knew I just sat there wanting a gaming pc for 3 years... I sat with a Dell laptop from 2004 for gaming till October last year.... I should steal his laptop when I go traveling ?

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

5 hours ago, Lilninjsways said:

he bought this beast $1,500 gaming laptop and all he does is sell stuff on eBay and if he does ever play on pc it's streaming from the Xbox one to his laptop upstairs cause his wife is downstairs working he doesn't own any games on pc except half life 1... he bought it a year ago and he knew I just sat there wanting a gaming pc for 3 years... I sat with a Dell laptop from 2004 for gaming till October last year.... I should steal his laptop when I go traveling ?

why did my dad buy this gaming laptop??

Ask your dad. 

1 minute ago, Lilninjsways said:

I do not condone theft. Not judging your family heritage, just saying one of my morals. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

3 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

Maybe he has a lot of thing to sell that gives him a workload so big a normal PC explodes when trying to process it. He may have 100 tabs open at a time:P

1 minute ago, BadluckBrian said:

I do not condone theft. Not judging your family heritage, just saying one of my morals. 

haha

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Just now, Factory OC said:

Maybe he has a lot of thing to sell that gives him a workload so bug a normal PC explodes when trying to process it. He may have 100 tabs open at a time:P

he's sold 2,000 dollars in pop figures in the time span of 5 months

Spoiler

@Factory OC that might be the reason ??

Spoiler

Just now, Lilninjsways said:

he's sold 2,000 dollars in pop figures in the time span of 5 months

That sounds like a load on a PC. I heard browsers is more graphics heavy than minesweeper. I can't even play minesweeper at 240P, only at 144P.

Just now, Lilninjsways said:

@Factory OC that might be the reason ??

See what I mean:P

Because he has the money for it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Maybe he was looking for a laptop with really good video and audio...  

I saw a guy once buy a £100,000 merc, and all he does is like, drive it? Duh stupid right? Could have bought a £10,000 Ford! 

When's your birthday? If he's any clever, you might just end up having it then. Never know.

9 minutes ago, Jean-Nicholas said:

When's your birthday? If he's any clever, you might just end up having it then. Never know.

May 26th

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

May 26th

That's not far off. Keep your fingers crossed and you might have an encounter with Lady Luck. Or the PC gods will smile on you and have your dad give you that gaming laptop.

8 minutes ago, Jean-Nicholas said:

That's not far off. Keep your fingers crossed and you might have an encounter with Lady Luck. Or the PC gods will smile on you and have your dad give you that gaming laptop.

lol hopefully cause I need a laptop for class and the one i have now (my laptop) can't fit in basically anything!

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

lol hopefully cause I need a laptop for class and the one i have now (my laptop) can't fit in basically anything!

Only time will tell what comes from it.

21 hours ago, daniielrp said:

I saw a guy once buy a £100,000 merc, and all he does is like, drive it? Duh stupid right? Could have bought a £10,000 Ford! 

Wait, are you trying to say the only reason expensive things exist is because no reason?

21 hours ago, ramo55 said:

Wait, are you trying to say the only reason expensive things exist is because no reason?

No, they exist because either they genuinely add good features, or because people stupidly pay more money for essentially worthless items (diamonds for example).

I often use cars in comparison to PCs as no matter how much you pay, they can all do exactly the same thing. I just don't understand why the OP(and many other people) moan about people spending more on things. 

If you can afford it, and it does what you want it to, who cares how much it costs. Treat yourself.

On 09/03/2017 at 1:37 PM, daniielrp said:

No, they exist because either they genuinely add good features, or because people stupidly pay more money for essentially worthless items (diamonds for example).

I often use cars in comparison to PCs as no matter how much you pay, they can all do exactly the same thing. I just don't understand why the OP(and many other people) moan about people spending more on things. 

If you can afford it, and it does what you want it to, who cares how much it costs. Treat yourself.

To boil it down to understandable terms, it's basically to be able to gloat about owning something that not everyone is able to afford it. I would think it is fairly obvious to see and understand.