*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!

Brehohn
11 hours ago, Call Me Dubstep said:

lol, I was just about to correct myself when I said overclocking would drop temps, I actually meant delidding. And, that isn't too bad for a H60, are you overclocking it at all?

I'm not no. However, even in task manager, the i7 seems to be staying at 4.5ghz a lot.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

Don't use task manager to check your frequency, mine shows 5.20 GHz on 4690k... While in real it is oc'ed to 4.3.

1 hour ago, NaLu said:

Don't use task manager to check your frequency, mine shows 5.20 GHz on 4690k... While in real it is oc'ed to 4.3.

Shhhhhh it's been a year and half since I've dived deep in this shit. Hahaha but I was just using it as a guide. I have HWInfo but that thing throws crazy ass numbers for temps. It will jump around between 35 and 60 xD

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

8 hours ago, Brehohn said:

Shhhhhh it's been a year and half since I've dived deep in this shit. Hahaha but I was just using it as a guide. I have HWInfo but that thing throws crazy ass numbers for temps. It will jump around between 35 and 60 xD

Congrats on the 7700k build man.  Looks good!

If you're seeing crazy temps in HWinfo, then you're more than likely getting crazy temps.

28 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Congrats on the 7700k build man.  Looks good!

If you're seeing crazy temps in HWinfo, then you're more than likely getting crazy temps.

Thing is though, if I'm using EVGA PrecX in games, it never goes above 72c and reads correctly.

1 hour ago, Brehohn said:

Thing is though, if I'm using EVGA PrecX in games, it never goes above 72c and reads correctly.

72c is still pretty toasty. 

1 hour ago, Brehohn said:

PrecisionX is reading CPU temp, which is always lower than CPU core or package temps.  CPU temp is not what you want to monitor.

Like I said, if you are seeing crazy temps in HWinfo, you probably have some crazy temps.  :D

Oh well. As long as it's not going any higher, I'll be fine. I love how the box for the H60 says on an overclocked 3770 @4.6ghz that it stays around 61c. There's absolutely no way haha oh and that's 100% load apparently.

2 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

Oh well. As long as it's not going any higher, I'll be fine. I love how the box for the H60 says on an overclocked 3770 @4.6ghz that it stays around 61c. There's absolutely no way haha oh and that's 100% load apparently.

If you're seeing 70c + for CPU temp, you're probably getting 80c+ for core temps, which is still fine.  

Either way, nice build.  Enjoy it!

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

If you're seeing 70c + for CPU temp, you're probably getting 80c+ for core temps, which is still fine.  

Either way, nice build.  Enjoy it!

Thanks! I definitely am. I plan on watercooling this build anyways so it's all temporary. Stay tuned!

I don't know why but my temps are around 40c. Could this be because I have it set to High Performance mode in Windows? I just took off the damn H60 for my tower cooler and it is better. But temps are just jumping all around.

Another update! Was getting tired of the high temps I was having the H60 AIO so I decided to grab my old Enermax ETS-T40F-BK and bought a Thermaltake Riing White LED fan from BestBuy. The temps were pretty high for an AIO so back to the tower cooler I go until I get watercooling OR a better AIO.

8PNE2qc.jpg

So you had a Ryzen CPU and a 1080, and in GTA V it dropped below 40fps?

If so was it for a second or it dropped below and stayed there for a while?

11 hours ago, Darth Revan said:

So you had a Ryzen CPU and a 1080, and in GTA V it dropped below 40fps?

If so was it for a second or it dropped below and stayed there for a while?

Every time I went to fly, it would drop to 40fps and hold there for a little bit and then jump to around 60. I would fluctuate a lot. Even driving around town I would get odd stutters for no reason. Even in places that were easy as hell to run.

On 3/8/2017 at 10:34 PM, Call Me Dubstep said:

7700k tends to run hot, mostly due to the poor quality thermal paste which Intel has applied between the Lid of the chip and the die of the chip. Most people are seeing 15-20c drop in temps when your 7700k is overclocked. If you are serious about overclocking, I would look up how to PROPERLY delid a 7700k. There are actually kits that range from 20-40 dollars which can be used to delid, and relid the CPU after replacing the thermal paste. As for the "settling" of the thermal paste, I have never heard such a thing as needing to let the thermal paste settle. 

I wanted to update you on the whole "letting thermal paste settle" thing. Before, my temps for everything erratic. Constantly changing when not doing anything. About a week later, my temps are extremely stable around 29-30c. So, my only assumption is, the thermal paste settled. It's quite interesting.

• 1 year later...

Holy crap... There's an update!

It's been a while, and honestly, it's been through a couple revisions. But right now, I'm comfortable with it. From a bunch of questions I've asked, I've finally settled on a pair of radiator fans from EK and a case... for now. The Fractal Design Meshify C, because the Phanteks P400 was way too hot thanks to it having horrible front intakes.

So, why did I change the case? As mentioned above, I needed airflow for my 1080Ti. I kid you not when I say this, but at idle, it was sitting at 56c. Now, as I'm typing this, it's sitting around 38c. A HUGE change by having a case with a mesh front. I haven't had a case with a mesh front since the 750D because they have all looked cheap and awful in my opinion. But.. Fractal... y'all did something here that is amazing. I know it's mesh, but sometimes I can barely tell. Finally!!

So, until I make my theme build, down below are the specs and the current look of it. No, I will not use RGB. I only have that feature so that I can make it whatever color when I want. Enjoy!

Processor: Intel Core i7 8700K

GPU: EVGA FTW3 1080Ti

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz White

SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB m.2

HDD: Seagate Firecuda 2TB

PSU: Corsair CX650M

Fans: Stock rear Phanteks fan, 2 Cougar White LED (cut off) fans up front, 2 EKWB Vardar Black up top, 2 Riing Floe Plus fans below the Vardars

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C

HObV8a3.jpg