Half of ram running at different speeds

Go to solution Solved by EYT,
8 minutes ago, henterfin said:

Heres a picture of the 2 different rams

But shouldnt it change to 1600MHz if i choose that in the bios?

speccyram.png

my guess is because those are 2 different sticks running at different clock speed 

there is a problem between them making it run lower since the other one wont be fast enough for the second one and it can make some problems

though the thing is

unless you REALLY need the speed of the ram it wont change much 

there almost zero to non effect on games and maybe a tad bit slower loading for certain RAM using apps

also when the speed goes up usually the latency goes up as well making a 2400mhz stick be almost the same as a 1600mhz stick 

moves data faster but takes longer to "React" to the "calling date"

i guess the solution will be to get 2 of the same sticks but as i said i dont think it should hurt much unless you really need the speed which in that case i'd even upgrade the pc and get a mobo+cpu+ram bundle that support ddr4 and get even higher speeds

So i have 2x kingston hyperx fury 8gb and 2x team group quad vulcan 4gb and the kingston is running at 1600mhz and team vulcan is running at 1333mhz or atleast thats what bios, cpu-z and speccy are showing. So ive been wondering about this for a while and i thought i would try to fix it. I found a thread that said you should go in the bios and force the ram to be at 1600mhz as it should be so i did that and nothing changed its still showing them both running at different speeds in bios, cpu-z and speccy. That team vulcan ram should be able to run at 1866mhz so why does it seem to have been underclocked?

3 minutes ago, henterfin said:

So i have 2x kingston hyperx fury 8gb and 2x team group quad vulcan 4gb and the kingston is running at 1600mhz and team vulcan is running at 1333mhz or atleast thats what bios, cpu-z and speccy are showing. So ive been wondering about this for a while and i thought i would try to fix it. I found a thread that said you should go in the bios and force the ram to be at 1600mhz as it should be so i did that and nothing changed its still showing them both running at different speeds in bios, cpu-z and speccy. That team vulcan ram should be able to run at 1866mhz so why does it seem to have been underclocked?

1333 mhz will be the bottleneck

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

The BIOS will automatically select the lowest frequency, which is in your case 1333MHz.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

3 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

The BIOS will automatically select the lowest frequency, which is in your case 1333MHz.

speccyram.png

3 minutes ago, henterfin said:

nope...u should really run 16gb at 1600mhz. it will be faster in most scenario than running 24gb at 1333

8 minutes ago, henterfin said:

speccyram.png

my guess is because those are 2 different sticks running at different clock speed 

there is a problem between them making it run lower since the other one wont be fast enough for the second one and it can make some problems

though the thing is

there almost zero to non effect on games and maybe a tad bit slower loading for certain RAM using apps

also when the speed goes up usually the latency goes up as well making a 2400mhz stick be almost the same as a 1600mhz stick 

i guess the solution will be to get 2 of the same sticks but as i said i dont think it should hurt much unless you really need the speed which in that case i'd even upgrade the pc and get a mobo+cpu+ram bundle that support ddr4 and get even higher speeds

1 minute ago, EYT | Ps Design said:

though the thing is

Thanks for the good answer. =) I think i might just get rid of those team group rams and get 2x more of the same kingston sticks or just go with the kingstons only.