Unable to decide on the CPU coller

Hi Guys

I am trying yo build my own system for the very first time. I have selected all the components except a cooler for the CPU. I have no idea which one to select to. Can you guys help me out with it?

As this is my first time, I might be making a lot of mistakes. Can you guys go ahead and look at the components that I have selected and let me know if they are good and match all the requirements. 

I am not actually looking for a gaming PC, I just need it to work on heavy software like Xilinx Vivado and others. Maybe I can completely do away with the graphics card as well and just Intel HD Graphics. 

CPU 

Intel i7 7700K

GPU

Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti

Case

Cooler Master Case

Power Supply

EVGA 430W

Motherboard

Gigabyte Z270N-Wifi

Thank You

Edited by JayantBedwal
Adding more information

CM 212 evo is a fail safe its 160mm high so make sure u can fit it in yr case

and can u give me yr bugget as yr gpu needs to be better and psu also whats the rig going to be used for

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

If you want good cooling, as well as low noise, you will most likely have to go with a bigger case. The one you are using can support a 120mm, but usually 120mm coolers are extremely loud, I know this from experience. If you're willing to spend a bit more, I recommend going with the phanteks enthoo evolv itx, and the cooler master hyper 212 evo.

the 212 evo is hands down the best cooler you can get for 30 bucks. 

Also i recommend getting at least a 500 watt psu.

2 hours ago, CatXice said:

and can u give me yr bugget as yr gpu needs to be better and psu also whats the rig going to be used for

I actually can use the Intel HD Graphics as well. I am not much of a gamer, I need it for running heavy software like Xilinx Vivado, Model Sim which are benefitted from more RAM and multi-core performance. Also, I am actually going beyond my current budget and I am looking for budget cuts. 

Thank You, the case does look better. Will I be able to add multiple SATA drives in it?

2 hours ago, JayantBedwal said:

I actually can use the Intel HD Graphics as well. I am not much of a gamer, I need it for running heavy software like Xilinx Vivado, Model Sim which are benefitted from more RAM and multi-core performance. Also, I am actually going beyond my current budget and I am looking for budget cuts. 

Thank You, the case does look better. Will I be able to add multiple SATA drives in it?

Ditch the GPU unless your program supports GPU assisted rendering which may help, though it's hard to say how much the 1050ti will help. You may be able to go with a cheaper motherboard unless this one has the specific features you are looking for.

The Cryorig H7 should be a good cooler for keeping the 7700K cool with it's overclock, the problem is that the 7700K runs VERY hot.

See if you can use https://pcpartpicker.com/  to build your system and get a total cost. A Ryzen system from AMD may be about the same price but would perform better for your task (assuming you are willing to walk away from mini ITX)

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

On 3/5/2017 at 7:40 PM, JayantBedwal said:

I'm fairly certain you can, the info should all be on the amazon page, I also recommend watching youtube reviews for all of your pc parts before making a purchase

1 minute ago, Raisins said:

I'm fairly certain you can, the info should all be on the amazon page, I also recommend watching youtube reviews for all of your pc parts before making a purchase

I am having a confusion between CM 212 evo and Cryorig H7. Some people suggest one others suggest other. Which one do you think is better for a i7-7700K.

3 minutes ago, JayantBedwal said:

I am having a confusion between CM 212 evo and Cryorig H7. Some people suggest one others suggest other. Which one do you think is better for a i7-7700K.

I know from experience that the 212 evo is a great cooler, staying silent, while keeping reasonable temps. I have no personal experience with the H7, but they both should do fine. However, if you're going to be overclocking, I recommend, getting something a bit more powerful such as the CM Hyper 612, or even a 240mm watercooler, such as this one. Water coolers are generally more expensive, but you can achieve higher overclocks, they are also louder sometimes, which is why i recommend getting at least a 240mm. But if you aren't overclocking too much, you should be fine with any of the air coolers I just mentioned