Sudden low FPS in BF1 (980 ti)

TexasTech

It seems like overnight My fps has gone down dramatically for BF1. There are noticeable drops and the game studders quite a lot. The basics of my rig are as follows: 980 ti, non overclocked, i5 4690k, non overclocked, 8 GB 1600mhz ram. Im just scratching my head as to what has made the game so laggy all of a sudden, and if anyone else is experiencing this. 

i5's are exploited for their lack of threads, seems to only affect multi-player - however it seems odd it just started - how are temps?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, stealth80 said:

i5's are exploited for their lack of threads, seems to only affect multi-player - however it seems odd it just started - how are temps?

Temps are cool all around, i5 is not going over 68 c on all cores and the 980 ti is staying nice and cool at 59 c max.

Winter update was pushed out a couple weeks ago. Did you notice the drops prior to updating or just after? 

Just now, COUPER MILLAR said:

Winter update was pushed out a couple weeks ago. Did you notice the drops prior to updating or just after? 

Right after i updated everything ran normally. I have only noticed the drops today. That being said this didn't happen prior to the update.

1 minute ago, TexasTech said:

Right after i updated everything ran normally. I have only noticed the drops today. That being said this didn't happen prior to the update.

Have you I stalled any new gpu drivers or Windows updates prior to experiencing the fps drops? 

Just now, COUPER MILLAR said:

Have you I stalled any new gpu drivers or Windows updates prior to experiencing the fps drops? 

Nothing. I only updated my drivers after noticing the fps drops, which fixed nothing.

i have the same card and i can agree with one thing, the fps. All of a sudden two or 3 weeks ago i noticed fifa 17 was kinda laggy. Like the gameplay isnt "smooth" idk if this is just me or it's a common problem in fifa, but i recently noticed it. In my nvidia fps overlay it shows im getting a constant 300+ fps. My temp for cpu is around 60 while playing 

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

Just now, Mlupo19 said:

Did you try turning it off and on again?

I did, but unfortunately it gave my 980 ti too much power. It has killed most of my family and has now begun to reign terror or my town. 

6 minutes ago, xDylanio said:

i have the same card and i can agree with one thing, the fps. All of a sudden two or 3 weeks ago i noticed fifa 17 was kinda laggy. Like the gameplay isnt "smooth" idk if this is just me or it's a common problem in fifa, but i recently noticed it. In my nvidia fps overlay it shows im getting a constant 300+ fps. My temp for cpu is around 60 while playing 

Good to know that it must just be a driver issue generally. It may also just be the fact that origin isn't the best piece of software and EA games in general just generally run like ass thanks to bad optimization.

Just now, TexasTech said:

I did, but unfortunately it gave my 980 ti too much power. It has killed most of my family and has now begun to reign terror or my town. 

I know that feeling, last week my 1070 tried to revolt against human-kind.  I managed to stop it before it did any real damage, but now I keep it locked up in a Faraday cage.

1 minute ago, TexasTech said:

Good to know that it must just be a driver issue generally. It may also just be the fact that origin isn't the best piece of software and EA games in general just generally run like ass thanks to bad optimization.

Yea, hopefully the next driver update helps or something. But for now I try to avoid using my pc at all...

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d