Resolution is not changing

Hue_Two1

when i try to change 1080p to 1680x1050 it just adds black bars and my monitor still says its 1080p can someone help?

1 minute ago, Hue_Two1 said:

when i try to change 1080p to 1680x1050 it just adds black bars and my monitor still says its 1080p can someone help?

does your monitor supports that? what monitor?

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

ffs i just rrplied

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

ffs i just rrplied

posted before u did :P 

Unlike with CRT monitors, LCD monitors have pixels that are fixed in size, they're tiny squares. 

If your LCD monitor has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, using any other resolution would involve the monitor resizing the received image to fit in that 1920x1080 pixels. Any kind of resize means loss of quality, the image and especially text in the image would be slightly blurry so the monitor is smart enough to recognize that you're better off seeing a bunch of tiny black bars around the image but have the image SHARP on the display, instead of seeing a stretched image covering the whole lcd panel.

If the monitor has no menu option to disable this feature, the video card often has something like this. 

For example, on AMD, you can go and say I want the resolution fixed to 1920x1080 (the lcd's native resolution) but stretch any resolution smaller than 1920x1080 to fit this area maintaining proportions , or don't stretch but center the image on the 1920x1080 rectangle , or stretch without caring about aspect ratio (for example to see a 4:3 game stretched to 16:9 with some ugly stretch). The options are under some menu called Scaling or something like that.

Here:

amd-scaling.png

My second display connected through DVI-D runs natively at 1920x1200 ... if a game runs at 1920x1080, the monitor keeps the resolution at 1920x1200 and centers the image to have black bars on top and bottom, and I want/like that.

But I could work around this feature by setting GPU Scaling to On like in the picture, and select Full Panel and then the video card would ignore the aspect ratio and stretch the 1920x1080 image to fit the whole 1920x1200.  The game would look uglier though.

Center is what the monitor does for resolutions close to the native resolution (for example 1680x1050 and above, if it's a lower resolution it starts resizing the image it receives preserving aspect ratio)..

Preserve aspect ratio is usually the one that makes sense.. for example, a 4:3 game that let's say has a maximum resolution of 1024x768 can be resized by the video card to 1600x1200 and then it would center it on my 1920x1200 lcd display. With 1920x1080 displays, the image would be resized to 1440x1080 and then centered on the display to keep aspect ratio correct.

The monitor does the same thing, but sometimes the video card has much better resizing algorithms than the ones in the lcd display processor, so the image could actually look better if the monitor doesn't do the resizing.

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

does your monitor supports that? what monitor?

its samsung T22C300 and it supports 1080p and it before i reinstalled windows 10 it was fine when i changed it to 1680x1050 tvmonitor did say its 1680x1050

but after reinstall it just says 1920x1080 and just adds black bars

@deXxterlab97