Resetting PC won't work?

Go to solution Solved by jj9987,

Windows 10 is activated so the key has been saved to the motherboard. You won't need any activation key during the installation.

I just got an old PC that used to belong to my friend and put a couple new parts in it. But since this was his, i'm still running his Windows 10, and I don't want that. Windows has an option to reset a PC; wipe all files from it and reinstall windows. But every time I try, it gives me an error message without telling me anything about what went wrong. I thought that maybe I could just get a Windows 10 installer on my USB, but that would require wiping this partition, which I don't want to do until I know what my product key is. I try to get the product key but all that shows up is what's in the picture. This PC was built by CyberPowerPC, so it wasn't installed by him directly. I have no idea where to find the product key. If any of you know where to find the product key or how to fix the error (which reads: There was a problem resetting your PC no changes were made) then please let me know.

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

System builders usually do place the key sticker on the case somewhere.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Windows 10 is activated so the key has been saved to the motherboard. You won't need any activation key during the installation.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+