Reimaging a server with dedicated raid setup

Hey everyone. So i may have screwed my in home server that I use for media streaming and backups. The main problem is that there are just to many problems and errors happening in the Windows OS and I'm feeling the best option is to do a clean install. But I also have a raid 1 array that is through an LSI controller(I can't remember the model). Would I lose the data because the drives would need to be re-initialized in windows or should it just auto detect it? When it was first setup I needed to initialize them.

I am also using Windows 10 Pro 

My Rig: i7 5820k @ 4.5GHz / Asus ROG r9 390X / Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5P / 32GB DDR4 PNY Anarchy / 256gb m.2 / 2x 120gb SSD Raid 0 / 6TB seagate / Dual Dell 23" IPS / Logitech Orion Spark / Steelseries Rival / AKG 553 Massdrop Edition

Once the array is setup you don't have to initialize it again. You can do a clean install of Windows on the existing array without reformatting it to keep all the data, the Windows installer will rename the existing Windows install folders ending with '.old'.

See I was planning on wiping out the original SSD and doing an entire fresh install. You are suggesting more of a rollback. Right? I'm also not talking about initializing it in the controller BIOS. But on the windows environment. 

My Rig: i7 5820k @ 4.5GHz / Asus ROG r9 390X / Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5P / 32GB DDR4 PNY Anarchy / 256gb m.2 / 2x 120gb SSD Raid 0 / 6TB seagate / Dual Dell 23" IPS / Logitech Orion Spark / Steelseries Rival / AKG 553 Massdrop Edition

Just now, knibbs1325 said:

See I was planning on wiping out the original SSD and doing an entire fresh install. You are suggesting more of a rollback. Right? I'm also not talking about initializing it in the controller BIOS. But on the windows environment. 

Is the SSD and the RAID 1 mirror different disks? As in the OS is on the SSD and you have a completely separate RAID 1 HDD mirror?

Yes that is correct 

Ok you will be able to do a complete reformat of the SSD and fresh clean install of Windows without even needing to touch the RAID 1 mirror. It may be best to unplug the disks while installing Windows just to be extra safe.

OK then. Here it goes. Thanks for the help