Device driver installed without Internet

RileyTheFox

Hello there!

I recently just got a new iPhone 5 from my Dad (a hand me down basically) and I plugged in my old phone to make a backup. That did so correctly because the device is recognised. After the backup in iTunes completed, I plugged in my new phone and it started to install drivers. During this time I had no internet (Router was being an ass and wouldn't connect to Broadband) Now whenever I plug in the new phone, iTunes opens a little window saying "The device 'iPhone' could not be connected because it sent an invalid response."

How do I fix this? Do I need to uninstall the driver and install it again? How would I do that?

I've checked Event Viewer and multiple Errors have appeared at the time the drivers started installing. One of them had a description of 'Windows could not connect to the internet to install device driver' (or something similar)

Help is appreciated, thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

connect the phone, go to device manager, select the phone, right click for properties, find the driver tab, uninstall driver.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

connect the phone, go to device manager, select the phone, right click for properties, find the driver tab, uninstall driver.

The phone isn't listed, though. I've looked through all the USB devices and checked their latest events but none were from today.

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

Update: I found the phone. Going to uninstall drivers now. Will report back with more information after.

5 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

The device driver is now installed. However Device Manager is saying it requires further installation? What does this mean and how do I fix it?