Overwatch/Battlefield 1 fps issues

SpazticTwitch

I recently got my new pc build and and I also got BF1 to with it as well, but for that and Overwatch, im getting a lot more frame drops on my new build than i used to on my old pc on overwatch. Ive looked in my settings for it and changing it doesnt really help all that much and i still havent constant drops. 

PC build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3HV4jc

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

all drivers up to date? 

yeah i updated them earlier today but im still having problems

2 minutes ago, SpazticTwitch said:

yeah i updated them earlier today but im still having problems

rollback drivers 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

rollback drivers 

any version i should go to?

Just now, SpazticTwitch said:

any version i should go to?

it depends on the person, i had a similar issue with my 1070 when i first got my sli setup. i suggest you DDU and reinstall your GPU drivers. 

do you have geforce experience installed? and is shadow play enabled?

3 hours ago, uzarnom said:

yeah i have it installed but i havent had any problems with battlefield since last night, about to try overwatch later today

5 hours ago, uzarnom said:

I have it installed since it was the only way to get any sort of drivers at all, still having some problems with frame drops/having low frames in general

I had MSI Afterburner open when i had Battlefield running and that gave me no problems fps or graphics wise at all. Would it being open have an affect on it or something? Or is there a way for me to have it closed and I still get the same effect?

4 hours ago, SpazticTwitch said:

I have it installed since it was the only way to get any sort of drivers at all, still having some problems with frame drops/having low frames in general

try going into settings (up top) and in general turn off share.
I had some frame drops and turns out shadow play was being not nice.

Best of luck though,
another idea, if you have a second screen leave task manager open on it sort by cpu usage. another problem i once had firefox and chrome were using lots of cpu cycles

8 minutes ago, uzarnom said:

try going into settings (up top) and in general turn off share.
I had some frame drops and turns out shadow play was being not nice.

Best of luck though,
another idea, if you have a second screen leave task manager open on it sort by cpu usage. another problem i once had firefox and chrome were using lots of cpu cycles

Just did a test real quick in battlefield, it used around 16-18% of my cpu but its not running as smooth as when i had afterburner open. 

You should uninstall geforce experience and then try, seriously, that software is nothing but problems. If it doesn't fix the problem then just reinstall it from here: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

22 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

You should uninstall geforce experience and then try, seriously, that software is nothing but problems. If it doesn't fix the problem then just reinstall it from here: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download

I did uninstall but i tried every driver from november onward and none of them were apparently compatible with my system. Geforce Experience was the only way for me to have a driver at all 

6 minutes ago, SpazticTwitch said:

I did uninstall but i tried every driver from november onward and none of them were apparently compatible with my system. Geforce Experience was the only way for me to have a driver at all 

Even though you have a 1070? Something's clearly wrong then. Use DDU to cleanly remove the gpu driver. It will give you the option to remove it from safe mode, make sure you select that option.
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

Now I'm going to assume you're using windows 10 64 bit, so in that case, download the latest driver from here.
http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/378.66/378.66-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce

So what you wanna do is run DDU. Let it go to safe mode and remove the driver.
Reboot and install the new driver that you downloaded from the link I provided.
Pick custom install and tick off geforce experience so it doesn't install.

Once it's all done, run your game and see how it is, if it's fine, then go ahead and reinstall geforce experience and test with it installed. If it is fine with that installed to, then you're good to go. If you see a performance drop, then remove geforce experience.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

35 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Now I'm going to assume you're using windows 10 64 bit, so in that case, download the latest driver from here.
http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/378.66/378.66-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce

Thanks, I got this to work and i tried it out. It runs way better than before but there is the occasional fps drop sometimes like spawning it or when there a lot of shit happening. 

9 hours ago, SpazticTwitch said:

Thanks, I got this to work and i tried it out. It runs way better than before but there is the occasional fps drop sometimes like spawning it or when there a lot of shit happening. 

Yeah that's normal.