Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation for a Programmer

Hello all! I've been watching Linus Tech Tips for a little while now and although I am not a gamer, I appreciate reviews of enthusiast level products, CPU, GPU, etc. because I need them for complex data analysis. Long story short, I'm still using a membrane keyboard (rip me, I know) and I'd love to replace it with a good mechanical keyboard. Instead of sorting through 1000's of reviews on Newegg, I've come to this awesome forum for first hand experience and recommendations. I don't need a gaming keyboard with a bunch of fancy features (20 macro keys for example, although a few would be nice), rather, I'm looking for a keyboard that is pleasant to type on for hours on end, has a back light of some kind, and absolutely must support changing the key layout to Dvorak. My target price range is $50 to $100 dollars, what do you recommend?

Thanks so much to everyone who provides their advice!!

--Benegesserit

I personally use a Logitech G710.  Im pretty sure you can set your keyboard layout to Dvorak in windows and then just move the Cherry MX blue keycaps around as needed.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

WASD Keyboards have DVORAK support iirc

CODE keyboards are also very good but idk about the DVORAK support

idk

5 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

I personally use a Logitech G710.  Im pretty sure you can set your keyboard layout to Dvorak in windows and then just move the Cherry MX blue keycaps around as needed.

The Logitech keyboard looks nice, one question though, if i don't need the audible feedback of the Cherry MX blue keycaps, is there any reason to spend $60+ more dollars on it than the Cherry MX brown keycaps? 

Amazon reference link: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tactile-High-Speed/dp/B009C98NPY?th=1

1 minute ago, Benegesserit said:

The Logitech keyboard looks nice, one question though, if i don't need the audible feedback of the Cherry MX blue keycaps, is there any reason to spend $60+ more dollars on it than the Cherry MX brown keycaps? 

Amazon reference link: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tactile-High-Speed/dp/B009C98NPY?th=1

If you dont want the noise, go with browns.  Personally the typing experience on my 710 is far and away the best ive ever experienced.  the 710+ has browns i believe, but functionally, they are exactly the same.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

4 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

If you dont want the noise, go with browns.  Personally the typing experience on my 710 is far and away the best ive ever experienced.  the 710+ has browns i believe, but functionally, they are exactly the same.

Just now, Aleksiandrovich said:

I wouldn't say so, i think MX Blues are the best keyswitch for typing on IMO, but browns are the same just quieter.

Awesome, thank you both, i think I'll probably go for the MX Browns for the quieter experience and to save some cash. Anyone have any more keyboard recommendations though? I think i'd like to compare a few more before making a final decision.

I really like my Logitech G610 Orion Brown keyboard, both for gaming and programming. The MX Browns are nice an quiet.

-KuJoe

1 hour ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

Coolermaster MasterKey Pro L, minimalistic yet has a backlight - the keyboard i am using right now.

After some additional research I decided to go with the Coolermaster MasterKeys Pro L, MX Brown switches. Thanks to everyone who shared advice and comments!