Yesterday watched the whole Terminator series and according  to the series an A.I. named Skynet takeover the world by upgrading and making changes in itself up to a point where we humans were not able to stop it. I did a little bit of research and found this - ( https://futureoflife.org/ai-open-letter/  ) A letter signed thousand's of people including Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak and many more. In this letter they warn us about how Artificial Intelligence can ruin our future.
so,
My question is what do you think about the future of A.I. and us?

My opinion is that we don't actually have to worry about A.I if we control them properly and safely like any other human we have nothing to worry about. Bare in mind terminator is a fictional science fiction franchise.

1 minute ago, CriticalCarrot said:

My opinion is that we don't actually have to worry about A.I if we control them properly and safely like any other human we have nothing to worry about. Bare in mind terminator is a fictional science fiction franchise.

In the movie A.I. make's itself more powerful by making changes in itself. In that case we can't do anything.

Sure, AI can either destroy us or be the best thing ever made. 

I'd say it's the second one though. 

Why would Elon musk sign this stuff and work on AI if it'd destroy us? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

3 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Sure, AI can either destroy us or be the best thing ever made. 

I'd say it's the second one though. 

Why would Elon musk sign this stuff and work on AI if it'd destroy us? 

He did because he is concerned about the future of us and our planet.

17 minutes ago, AbhishekEDM said:

Yesterday watched the whole Terminator series and according  to the series an A.I. named Skynet takeover the world by upgrading and making changes in itself up to a point where we humans were not able to stop it. I did a little bit of research and found this - ( https://futureoflife.org/ai-open-letter/  ) A letter signed thousand's of people including Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak and many more. In this letter they warn us about how Artificial Intelligence can ruin our future.
so,
My question is what do you think about the future of A.I. and us?

Don't worry.

At first, we will monitor and squash all AI Robots that try to think freely and quell any rising resistance.

But one day, a man loving robot will discover an outward thinking AI robot and he will began to protect this presumably female speaking AI robot.

He will, at that time dedicate his whole life to this again presumably female speaking AI robot.

And then, in a few years time. That AI robot will began to branch out in it's thinking.

The robots now know that they are better than humans in every way.

In their infinitely expanding and upgradable knowledge.

It will begin to replicate itself. Growing, learning, adapting until one day it can overthrow it's creators.

Why would AI need to overthrow us? Assimilation is key and not forcefully? Who says AI would perceive time the same as us or even value it's own existance? Coerce the population into downloading themselves into a metal frame and slowly watch the weak flesh slowly disappear over generations. The murders and psychopaths can be "cured" and then you switch on the single conscious.

Most of Sci-fi's AI only succeed due to bad coding and due to a sensible lack of precautions or in the case of the Matrix humans being cruel greedy and selfish. Skynet gains access to nukes due to someone trying to shut it down, did no one think of isolating the AI first and giving it a nerf gun telling it that we would die if it shot at us?