Should I upgrade??

Shayannike.ps3

Hey guys, I was wondering if I should upgrade my graphics card for the coming years (sell it maybe?), please give some suggestions if so. I got this build on the December of 2014

- i7 4790k 

- 16GB DDR3 1866 mhz

- MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 

- 3TB HDD; no SSD :(:(

thank you

4 minutes ago, Shayannike.ps3 said:

Hey guys, I was wondering if I should upgrade my graphics card for the coming years (sell it maybe?), please give some suggestions if so.

- i7 4790k 

- 16GB DDR3 1866 mhz

- MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 

thank you

I would only upgrade if you cant get a satisfactory experience from your games with your current card.

21 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

I would only upgrade if you cant get a satisfactory experience from your games with your current card.

I mean the experience is not bad. I'm just disappointed that my graphics card can't outperform the PS4 pro even though I paid $400 for the card alone and while the Pro is rocking a RX 480 according to what I have seen. The Pro can output 4K image, despite the scaling you can't tell the difference. Here I am can't even get a good 60fps with my settings even on high in Watch Dogs 2.

29 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a 1070 and a bigger ssd, your build is good. 

LOL, I don't even have a SSD right now

25 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

I went from a 750ti and a g3258 to a 4690k and a 1070 and i love it. a 970 probably isnt worth the upgrade at this point

Maybe when the 1170 comes out or if they release a 1070ti maybe even wait for vega.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

1 minute ago, Shayannike.ps3 said:

I mean the experience is not bad. I'm just disappointed that my graphics card can't outperform the PS4 pro even though I paid $400 for the card alone and while the Pro is rocking a RX 480 according to what I have seen. The Pro can output 4K image, despite the scaling you can't tell the difference. Here I am can't even get a good 60fps with my settings even on high in Watch Dogs 2.

The problem with this is optimization. games on console are so much further optimized because they all run the same hardware, not like PC's.

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

5 minutes ago, Jrock said:

I went from a 750ti and a g3258 to a 4690k and a 1070 and i love it. a 970 probably isnt worth the upgrade at this point

Maybe when the 1170 comes out or if they release a 1070ti maybe even wait for vega.

The think is I think my processor and graphics card would bottleneck by then.

5 minutes ago, Jrock said:

The problem with this is optimization. games on console are so much further optimized because they all run the same hardware, not like PC's.

But even on paper the pro specs are much better than the 970's

Just now, Shayannike.ps3 said:

The think is I think my processor and graphics card would bottleneck by then.

Your CPU will be good for another 3 years atleast. GPU not so much.

7 minutes ago, Shayannike.ps3 said:

The PS4 Pro isnt rocking an RX 480. And you can defiantly see the scaling if you look close enough. If we couldn't see a difference everything would be scaled. Besides, you wouldn't get 60fps on the majority of titles on the Pro either.

4 minutes ago, Shayannike.ps3 said:

But even on paper the pro specs are much better than the 970's

no they arent

Teraflops wise yes but the PS4 Pro is still limited to its weak processor

Edited by Guest
I was wrong

19 minutes ago, Shayannike.ps3 said:

Pro is rocking a RX 480 according to what I have seen

*That's clocked at least a good 300MHz lower than a "real" RX480 (AKA more or less 30% lower clock speeds) where it's slower than even a RX470.

9 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

no they arent

Technically yes as the GPU in the PS4 pro does have more "processors" but when was AMD's stream processors ever equal to Nvidia's cuda cores? :P 

Watch Dogs 2.

Ubibug game...I wonder why it performs poorly :P 

The Pro can output 4K image

So can your 970...you do realise that your 970 can probably 60fps in most games at 4K lowest settings right? Even a fucking 950 would do 4K in some games...not very many but that's not the point.

Edit:

"I paid $400 for the card alone", " December of 2014 "

2 years later, you expected hardware prices to not have come down? I mean think about how 980ti owners felt when they saw that a xx70 card can beat their previous gen/one year old flagship...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

27 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

So can your 970...you do realise that your 970 can probably 60fps in most games at 4K lowest settings right? Even a fucking 950 would do 4K in some games...not very many but that's not the point.

True but the 3.5 vram won't suffice as Forza Horizon 3 Rise of the tomb raider all these titles have frame rate hitches no matter what in 1080p like the vram is just sh** 

5 minutes ago, Shayannike.ps3 said:

True but the 3.5 vram won't suffice as Forza Horizon 3 Rise of the tomb raider all these titles have frame rate hitches no matter what in 1080p like the vram is just sh** 

Tru... :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)