G4560 7th gen motherboard update

RSHBH

Hi

I have bought a g4560 CPU and an older  h110 motherboard the gigabyte h110m-s2. On installing the CPU and other components the pc did not post and kept restarting. Is this because the processor is not recognized due to the 7thgen bios update not being installed yet?

Ps. The other components are sapphire r9 270x, corsair's vs 550, and 8gb ddr4 crucial ballistic ram

Yes. you need to update the BIOS before you can use the PC.

you need to borrow a skylake CPU. maybe go to a local computer shop and see if you can pay them $5 for a BIOS update or something.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Entirely possible. When I bought my skylake the motherboard (Both within like 6 months of the launch) didn't have the latest bios and wouldn't read the chip, had to flash install it.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Yes. you need to update the BIOS before you can use the PC.

you need to borrow a skylake CPU. maybe go to a local computer shop and see if you can pay them $5 for a BIOS update or something.

I was told by the seller i could update the bios with this cpu so il take it back to them for the install ?

Just now, RSHBH said:

I was told by the seller i could update the bios with this cpu so il take it back to them for the install ?

well the seller told you wrong. it's a 7th Gen CPU, so it needs a 200 series chipset, or a 100 with a BIOS update to post.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

well the seller told you wrong. it's a 7th Gen CPU, so it needs a 200 series chipset, or a 100 with a BIOS update to post.

Okay . Thanks :)

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Find the person that said it was okay to get a H110 board with a Kabylake CPU and slap him/her.

??  He asked me if I wanted a b250 but I was on a tight budget. But he told me I could get into the bios with the 7gen pentium for the update

3 minutes ago, RSHBH said:

??  He asked me if I wanted a b250 but I was on a tight budget. But he told me I could get into the bios with the 7gen pentium for the update

Go back to the store and demand they update the bios for you (politely ask, don't demand).  I am sure they have a Skylake CPU lying around somewhere.

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Go back to the store and demand they update the bios for you (politely ask, don't demand).  I am sure they have a Skylake CPU lying around somewhere.

That's the plan :)

Edited by RSHBH

8 minutes ago, stconquest said:

take a gun with you if you live in america

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

take a gun with you if you live in america

??