Switching Graphics Cards and Adding Ram

Go to solution Solved by monster0429,

Awesome guys thanks!

So I am upgrading my 960 to a 1070 (both MSI GTX series cards) and am wanting to know if there is anything special I need to do other than plugging it in and providing power? Also am adding another 16gb of ram (for a total of 32gb of the same type of ram 4x8) anything other than putting it into my motherboard I need to do?

Un install your current graphics drivers before installing the new 1070 (Isnt required but it can help stop any possible driver issues). Other than that its as simple as plug and play for both the gpu and ram.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Nope. There's nothing you need to do for the RAM

for the GPU use DDU to uninstall all drivers and shut down. then plug it in, and install Nvidia drivers from their website.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4