Need help picking a laptop for school

I need a laptop for school and I am planning which one to buy now. I am looking at the Razer Blade Stealth from Microsoft Store and I get a 10% discount from there, so I would like to buy a laptop from MS. What do you guys think about the laptop and if I should get something else, what would be better? I am probably going to buy the laptop in June but I want to plan ahead. This is also my first post. The specs I want are 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD. I would also prefer to have a laptop at this price point but cheaper would be better. The laptop also needs to be thin because I already have a heavy gaming laptop that I am not going to haul around. Macs are out of the picture.

Thanks in advance.

What's your budget? Is it for hard gaming, medium, low? Specific size you want? Whatever details you want to have a better idea.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Dell-XPS-15-9550-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.326871600

The Dell XPS 15 would be a better buy a that price point for the following reasons:

• It's quad core with hyperthreading. The Razer Blade Stealth is dual core with hyperthreading.
  • It has a discrete GPU rather than an integrated one
  • Larger battery for more battery life (potentially)
  • I would argue the size is better, but I prefer 15" since 13" feels too small and 17" is too big.

If you want a 13" laptop though, I would go with the XPS 13 instead.

EDIT: If this is just a productivity laptop, then I suggest the base model XPS 13 form Dell directly since it starts at $800 and they may have a sale at some point. I also don't see a need to have 512GB and 16GB of RAM for something like this either. 256GB maybe, but 128GB should suffice for productivity needs.

11 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

What's your budget? Is it for hard gaming, medium, low? Specific size you want? Whatever details you want to have a better idea.

Not for gaming. I mainly want a laptop for school. I already have a gaming laptop.

57 minutes ago, brsgaming804 said:

Not for gaming. I mainly want a laptop for school. I already have a gaming laptop.

I wouldn't spend $1,500 on a "school" laptop, specially if you have a Gaming Laptop already, unless you are going to be doing some content creation.

3 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

I wouldn't spend $1,500 on a "school" laptop, specially if you have a Gaming Laptop already, unless you are going to be doing some content creation.

In that case, what would you recommend? I would like to get the price down a little bit. I would buy a Stealth with an i5, but I am definitely not getting an anemic 128GB drive that's a pain to upgrade.

15 minutes ago, brsgaming804 said:

In that case, what would you recommend? I would like to get the price down a little bit. I would buy a Stealth with an i5, but I am definitely not getting an anemic 128GB drive that's a pain to upgrade.

Are you only going to be using it for school work? Like Word, Excel, Browse, YouTube? Or will you be doing more multitasking? Because if it's the basic, you can get away with an XPS 13 base model for $800 but that has an i3 7100U which is only a dual core with four threads. But if you need high multitasking then you need something with a Quad core.

1 minute ago, Miguel552 said:

Are you only going to be using it for school work? Like Word, Excel, Browse, YouTube? Or will you be doing more multitasking? Because if it's the basic, you can get away with an XPS 13 base model for $800 but that has an i3 7100U which is only a dual core with four threads. But if you need high multitasking then you need something with a Quad core.

I will be doing more multitasking. 

1 minute ago, brsgaming804 said:

I will be doing more multitasking. 

Then you want something with an HQ processor in it, if you will be doing rendering and 3D modeling I would suggest an i7 with hyper-threading. Now that you have a base of what you need, what type of laptop are you looking for? 15", 13", 17", small and portable, bulky, can it be "gaming" style or you want more of an elegant style?

Then you want something with an HQ processor in it, if you will be doing rendering and 3D modeling I would suggest an i7 with hyper-threading. Now that you have a base of what you need, what type of laptop are you looking for? 15", 13", 17", small and portable, bulky, can it be "gaming" style or you want more of an elegant style?

I think that 13 inches would be the best fit for me. It can't be bulky, and I would like an elegant style.

2 hours ago, brsgaming804 said:

I think that 13 inches would be the best fit for me. It can't be bulky, and I would like an elegant style.

I can't seem to find any 13" with an HQ processor, only 15". I'm sorry.

I can't seem to find any 13" with an HQ processor, only 15". I'm sorry.

Well then 15" would probably be fine.

um buy the T460 off reburb or Thinkpad Outlet. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p