Laptop cooling pad issue. Can I do it?

Kajeto

Heeeelo guys and girls! I'm looking for a cooling boost for my ge62vr 7rf. It hits around 83 degrees C on the cpu under maximum load and apprx 73d. C on the gpu. Even though these temps arent the worst, id like to help my laptop out a bit. So, i found 2 cooling pads, as follows: the coolermaster notepal u3 plus, with customizable fan positions, and one from a polish brand, which has a total of six 70mm fans running at 600-2000rpm, all of which cover the entirety of the cooling pad itself. And I have to say, i quite like the polish one. But, i dont know if i can use it with my laptop, as it has its own fans underneath- wouldnt the fans from the cooling pad, if practically overlapping the laptop ones, hurt anything? Im concerned with the laptop fans lifespan, would another fans pushing air into them render a threat to, for example, their bearing or anything? Or, should i go for the coolermaster and simply direct all fans into intakes at the bottom? Thanks in advance for all the help!

The fan on the cooling pad pushes air to the bottom of your laptop. The fan in your laptop pulls air into your laptop and exhaust it either the back or side of your laptop. So no, they will not overlap each other.

From what I know is the smaller the fan is, the more noisy it will be. Have not google the polish brand but from what you mentioned (6 x 70mm fans), that might be quite noisy I think.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

It does look nice though, has touch controls, rgb and somehow sits at half the price. The manufacturer doesnt even have a website though. So, again, the cooling pads fan running at 2k rpm and pushing the air straight into a laptops fan running at 6k rpm is not hurtful for the latter? :)

14 minutes ago, Kajeto said:

It does look nice though, has touch controls, rgb and somehow sits at half the price. The manufacturer doesnt even have a website though. So, again, the cooling pads fan running at 2k rpm and pushing the air straight into a laptops fan running at 6k rpm is not hurtful for the latter? :)

Well at least not that I know of. Unless it's the other way round, cooling pads fan running at 6k and laptop fan at 2k then maybe there will be issue I think.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Ok. Thanks man! Ill reconsider. If anyone else has an opinion, keep posting :D

If laptop fans PULL air from underneath the laptop, the cooling pad would work perfectly, providing more air to laptop fans, making it easier for them. It would also cool the bottom of the laptop to some extend. If you wanted to hurt your fans, you'd have to push the motor in terms of supplying it with more voltage than it could handle. A little breeze from the cooling pad won't have any effect. I use cooling pad. It doesn't work very well but it keeps my legs from overheating if I game in bed or something. Expect your CPU to come down to about 80C and your gpu to stay the same..