Is 'Primochill Advanced LRT' tubing see-through?

Go to solution Solved by phongle123,
9 minutes ago, lefthanded_legend said:

Oh, I think I confused you with my question. I was referring to cutting the primochill tube down from 1 side, and wrapping it 'over' the stock tube.

I see. But that would be pretty hard as these tubes aren't designed to be taken off, you'd have to rip off the plastic things holding the tubes and then you'd just be covering up a black tube with clear tubing which, if you mask something you lose some visibility. And then you'd have to epoxy or something the tube back on the barb and the barb is soldered onto the radiator. Yes go with 1/2 since 3/8 was a squeeze fit.

If you're doing this anyways means you're losing the coolant that is inside of it. If you just placed the whole thing with clear tube while you're at it, you can replace it with a colored coolant and it would look much cooler.

That's IMO. Also I've never seen anyone do this so it must be a new thing, I've only seen them use AIO to make a custom loop never to cover up the tubing with more tubing.

Hey, I was planning on finally buying an AIO so I could overclock my 4690k since I've found a sweet deal on the Corsair H110i GT (probably getting rid of old stock).

Along with it, I was interested in doing a mod that others have done; where you wrap the tubing of an AIO with tubing used for watercooling to improve it's aesthetics.

So my questions is, is the 'promchill advanced lrt' tubing (the red one in particular) see-through? Would it fully block out the AIO tubing?

As a side note: What size tubing would be most suitable? I've heard an ID of 1/2" would be adequate.

PC Specs: i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, HyperX Red 16Gb (4x4), Define R5, EVGA G2 750, Samsung 850 Evo 120gb + WD Blue 1TB, MSI TF5 GTX 970.

Peripherals: 1 x Asus VX239H, Logitech G502, Masterkeys Pro S, Superlux HD668B.

26 minutes ago, lefthanded_legend said:

Hey, I was planning on finally buying an AIO so I could overclock my 4690k since I've found a sweet deal on the Corsair H110i GT (probably getting rid of old stock).

Along with it, I was interested in doing a mod that others have done; where you wrap the tubing of an AIO with tubing used for watercooling to improve it's aesthetics.

So my questions is, is the 'promchill advanced lrt' tubing (the red one in particular) see-through? Would it fully block out the AIO tubing?

As a side note: What size tubing would be most suitable? I've heard an ID of 1/2" would be adequate.

As someone who has done this, I can assure you 1/2 will be too big, even me going with 3/8ID 5/8OD is a good fit for it but I still ended up zip-tying it just in case.

No size tube you can buy from primochill will fit the original tube. I had rip off the plastic casing of the stock tube to reveal whatever the inside tube is, cut off the stock tube but still leave maybe 1.5 inch to 2 inches left over so I can use it as a base and then I placed my 3/8 5/8 tube outside of it for it to fit.

4 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

As someone who has done this, I can assure you 1/2 will be too big, even me going with 3/8ID 5/8OD is a good fit for it but I still ended up zip-tying it just in case.

No size tube you can buy from primochill will fit the original tube. I had rip off the plastic casing of the stock tube to reveal whatever the inside tube is, cut off the stock tube but still leave maybe 1.5 inch to 2 inches left over so I can use it as a base and then I placed my 3/8 5/8 tube outside of it for it to fit.

Oh, I think I confused you with my question. I was referring to cutting the primochill tube down from 1 side, and wrapping it 'over' the stock tube.

PC Specs: i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, HyperX Red 16Gb (4x4), Define R5, EVGA G2 750, Samsung 850 Evo 120gb + WD Blue 1TB, MSI TF5 GTX 970.

9 minutes ago, lefthanded_legend said:

I see. But that would be pretty hard as these tubes aren't designed to be taken off, you'd have to rip off the plastic things holding the tubes and then you'd just be covering up a black tube with clear tubing which, if you mask something you lose some visibility. And then you'd have to epoxy or something the tube back on the barb and the barb is soldered onto the radiator. Yes go with 1/2 since 3/8 was a squeeze fit.

If you're doing this anyways means you're losing the coolant that is inside of it. If you just placed the whole thing with clear tube while you're at it, you can replace it with a colored coolant and it would look much cooler.

That's IMO. Also I've never seen anyone do this so it must be a new thing, I've only seen them use AIO to make a custom loop never to cover up the tubing with more tubing.

7 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Hmm, I still don't think you've understood what I'm trying to explain. I'm not trying to remove any tubing and replace it, just cover up the original tubes with a different coloured tube (red tube over AIO stock tube).

Here's an example I found: http://www.overclock.net/t/1342306/lol-how-weird-does-my-h100i-tube-mod-look

Sorry for all the confusion.

5 minutes ago, lefthanded_legend said:

Hmm, I still don't think you've understood what I'm trying to explain. I'm not trying to remove any tubing and replace it, just cover up the original tubes with a different coloured tube (red tube over AIO stock tube).

Here's an example I found: http://www.overclock.net/t/1342306/lol-how-weird-does-my-h100i-tube-mod-look

Sorry for all the confusion.

That is what I said on my first Paragraph, please read it again.

You can't put a tube over another tube if you don't have an opening to put it into. So you either have to rip out the side with the cpu block or the side with the radiator, or you can split the primochill tube so you can wrap it around the stock tube. And Colored tubing are not seethrough.

By splitting the Primochill Tube I mean like this 600x337px-LL-d80cc021_HiWcih.jpeg

4 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

That is what I said on my first Paragraph, please read it again.

You can't put a tube over another tube if you don't have an opening to put it into. So you either have to rip out the side with the cpu block or the side with the radiator, or you can split the primochill tube so you can wrap it around the stock tube. And Colored tubing are not seethrough.

By splitting the Primochill Tube I mean like this 600x337px-LL-d80cc021_HiWcih.jpeg

I feel like such an idiot... I thought that first paragraph was somehow referring to the stock tube... I guess I can't think straight when it's almost 2AM. I'm sorry.

As for putting the tube over the other, I'd most likely split the tubing and hide the cut so it cannot be seen like in the image.

Thanks a lot for the help, and sorry again for not reading properly.

1 hour ago, lefthanded_legend said:

I have some Red ADV LRT and it is slightly see through.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

14 hours ago, Ryoku said:

I have some Red ADV LRT and it is slightly see through.

Damn :/ do you use any coloured fluid? and what size tubing is it?

5 hours ago, lefthanded_legend said:

Damn :/ do you use any coloured fluid? and what size tubing is it?

I haven't used it yet, its 3/8in ID/ 5/8in O/D.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

23 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

I haven't used it yet, its 3/8in ID/ 5/8in O/D.

Alright, I guess I'll go with it anyways. If it doesn't look good in my eyes, at least I wouldn't have lost a big sum of money.

Thanks for the all the help!

25 minutes ago, lefthanded_legend said:

Alright, I guess I'll go with it anyways. If it doesn't look good in my eyes, at least I wouldn't have lost a big sum of money.

Thanks for the all the help!

yea stuff was pretty cheap, think it was like 2.50 per foot or something.