USB Bluetooth Adapter Questions

emtproject
Go to solution Solved by Rohime,
10 minutes ago, emtproject said:

For a Bluetooth adapter such as ASUS USB-BT400 USB 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, would I need to get a driver  and where would i get the driver. Also does it matter what type of USB port it is in 3.0 or 3.1

as long as you are running current OS (win10) fully patched, you shouldnt need to do anything special for the driver.   If in doubt though get one from the manufacturers website.  which is here: https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/USBBT400/HelpDesk_Download/ 

you should use it in a USB2.0 port (if you have one).   It'll work fine in 3.0 or 3.1 - but then you are just wasting the higher capacity of the USB3 port - putting it in a faster port will NOT make it go faster.

For a Bluetooth adapter such as ASUS USB-BT400 USB 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, would I need to get a driver  and where would i get the driver. Also does it matter what type of USB port it is in 3.0 or 3.1

10 minutes ago, emtproject said:

as long as you are running current OS (win10) fully patched, you shouldnt need to do anything special for the driver.   If in doubt though get one from the manufacturers website.  which is here: https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/USBBT400/HelpDesk_Download/ 

you should use it in a USB2.0 port (if you have one).   It'll work fine in 3.0 or 3.1 - but then you are just wasting the higher capacity of the USB3 port - putting it in a faster port will NOT make it go faster.