Encrypting all Traffic?

Nater
18 minutes ago, Doramius said:

Correct.  They can view your traffic across the connection.  I can change my ports for many things, but that doesn't hide the traffic.  Encrypting the data is what hides it.  I just provided sources so you can test your ports.  I doubt you'll find any useful info, but you have those resources available.  VPN is still your best bet.  Proxies usually hide or mask your IP address from outside sources, but some offer encryption to a point outside of your ISP similar to a VPN.  The problem is many do not until after you connect to the Proxy server.  If that's the case, then the ISP can still see your traffic.  The place where you're getting your data from won't be able to see your IP address, and their ISP might not see the traffic as it would be encrypted to the other end.  

Still just repeating info over and over.

My concern is how do I use a VPN on a game server? How do I allow it to take incoming connections?

VPN is the only thing really you can do its better and i do it even my ISP tells us to use VPN for a better network connections and also read this https://www.fcc.gov/general/open-internet cause they now cant really throttling any network connection if you are in the USA. i showed that to my ISP and they made sure that they didnt do it anymore and talked to AT&T as they are the backbone and made sure that they also followed the same thing since now this is law for any communications over the internet.

Edit: you just set up a server outside the ISP so like OVH/SoYouStart to be your VPN/Proxy server and set up the vpn on there and then have your url/ip connect to that side. OpenVPN will have all ports open unless you edit the firewall to do other.

11 minutes ago, ssfdre38 said:

VPN is the only thing really you can do its better and i do it even my ISP tells us to use VPN for a better network connections and also read this https://www.fcc.gov/general/open-internet cause they now cant really throttling any network connection if you are in the USA. i showed that to my ISP and they made sure that they didnt do it anymore and talked to AT&T as they are the backbone and made sure that they also followed the same thing since now this is law for any communications over the internet.

Edit: you just set up a server outside the ISP so like OVH/SoYouStart to be your VPN/Proxy server and set up the vpn on there and then have your url/ip connect to that side. OpenVPN will have all ports open unless you edit the firewall to do other.

I'm confused as to how it would know it was me? As multiple people can connect to a single VPN server.

yes cause then end server that is hosting the vpn wont be encryped it will just be from your servers to the server outside the isp and they connect to that and will bypass what your isp is doing

If you want your traffic to be encrypted so that your ISP cannot view it, you need to control a node outside of your ISP network and make a secure connection to that.

Then give people the address to that node (a VPS for example) and ask them to connect to that instead.

What you should do is forward all the traffic on those ports on the node to your home through a VPN connection.

That way, all traffic from you would go through that node before it leaves to go anywhere else on the internet, and all traffic from the internet would go to that node and travel through a encrypted link before it hits your home.

Comb it with a brick

On 17/02/2017 at 8:58 PM, Nater said:

My ISP hates me and constantly throttles my gigabit line, what would be the best way to go about encrypting all of the traffic? I run game servers out of my house.

A VPN might be too slow, and I'm not quite sure how I'd use a proxy.

Will something like tcpcrypt work for this?

Have a VPS or Dedicated Server with Dedicated IP located near your house.

Setup a TCP/UDP tunnel between your computer and that server.