Early 2015 MacBook

Go to solution Solved by Chaos Network,

The laptop got sold. Do not reply to this post

Article where I got most of my information

I just came across a deal on this 12 inch Early 2015 MacBook, for $650, it has the 1.1GHz Intel Core M, 8GB Ram, Intel HD 5300 Graphics, a 256GB SSD. This is the model with one USB Type C port and a 3.5mm headphone jack. But I will be coming from a 2013 Lenovo Yoga 11.6″ with the 500GB HDD, 4GB of Ram, and the Intel Pentium N3530, with 2 USB ports, an SD card slot, Mini HDMI, dedicated power, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The screen size isn’t an issue for me, but the lack of ports might be, and so might the cut of storage space, I have about 90GB of open space on my Yoga, but that is because I back up all of my footage on it. I am constantly charging my Yoga, I generally have an SD card in it, and when I’m at home, I generally have an external display plugged in via HDMI. So do adapters exist that allow me to do this all at once? I would need to get a singular Type C to SD card adapter, but I will need to be able to charge it when I am doing content creation on. I am a YouTuber, and I plan on using this as my main video and graphic design computer. Can this handle itself with Sony Vegas Pro 14 and Photoshop CC?

Edited by Chaos Network
added more info

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

That seems just... just terrible. Get an x230. It will be half the price or less and have way more power and connectivity.

2 minutes ago, Eason85 said:

That seems just... just terrible. Get an x230. It will be half the price or less and have way more power and connectivity.

I found this MacBook for $650. But that isn't the main selling point for me. I am 16, I also plan on using this for schoolwork. My school is an Apple Distinguished School, so this would fit right into the infrastructure. They give us iPads to use for our schoolwork, but I absolutely refuse to write essays on an iPad.

And what is an "x230"?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

12 minutes ago, Eason85 said:

"Half the price" funny joke.

Half the price.PNG

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

2 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

"Half the price" funny joke.

go on a used selling site, not amazon. A X230 with a i5 and 8gb ram goes for like 200-250$ in Denmark, so there would be something wrong if you couldn't get a used X230 around the same as I can.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

go on a used selling site, not amazon. A X230 with a i5 and 8gb ram goes for like 200-250$ in Denmark, so there would be something wrong if you couldn't get a used X230 around the same as I can.

I like lenovo, but honestly I want to leave the Lenovo ecosystem. and as I previously stated, I want to use this for schoolwork as well. I currently use my Lenovo Yoga for schoolwork, and the network manager constantly tells me that she doesnt like having a windows laptop on their network. That, and I just want to have a good screen, I'm sick of having a 1366x768 resolution. I want a Macbook, I just can't decide which one to get. I came across this deal, and think that I'm going to go for it, because used, that model is still around $900. I want a 12 inch model, or smaller. I dont want an air, but I want light and portable. I want newer. This Macbook fits all of the criteria. The only thing I kinda have an issue with is the lack of a second USB Type C or A port...but I can just get a hub and get over it...

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

The laptop got sold. Do not reply to this post

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

6 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

SNIP

You can get a x240 and get a 1080p screen which goes for around 300-400$ used and will be built much better than any macbook and if you get new batteries then it will have longer battery life.

What is up with that stupid network manager, she very much sounds like a iSheep. 

The thing is that 12" macbook thermal throttles like hell and that is only with a 5w CPU, if you really really want a Macbook then look for a used pro 13", not the shitty 12".

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

14 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You can get a x240 and get a 1080p screen which goes for around 300-400$ used and will be built much better than any macbook and if you get new batteries then it will have longer battery life.

What is up with that stupid network manager, she very much sounds like a iSheep. 

The thing is that 12" macbook thermal throttles like hell and that is only with a 5w CPU, if you really really want a Macbook then look for a used pro 13", not the shitty 12".

I had a big paragraph typed out...but my schools internet died...so i lost it...

1. Sorry for any typos, im using my laptop at school when im not supposed to be.

2. i am currently using an 11.6" laptop and it is almost to big.

3 i dont want another windows laptop. they all just get really slow after a week or 2 of me owning them. i used to own a 2008 macbook and never had any issues, except that it wouldnt go to any osx newer than 10.6.8...but thats it

4. Yea she is, but at least she lets me on it.

Thats just a basic summary of what i had said before

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

1 minute ago, Chaos Network said:

I had a big paragraph typed out...but my schools internet died...so i lost it...

1. Sorry for any typos, im using my laptop at school when im not supposed to be.

2. i am currently using an 11.6" laptop and it is almost to big.

3 i dont want another windows laptop. they all just get really slow after a week or 2 of me owning them. i used to own a 2008 macbook and never had any issues, except that it wouldnt go to any osx newer than 10.6.8...but thats it

4. Yea she is, but at least she lets me on it.

Thats just a basic summary of what i had said before

the slowing down is your own fault, you also bought a Windows laptop with the worst CPU ever.

The thing is that the MB 12 thermal throttles a LOT we are talking down to half performance and then there is the keyboard, it feels like you are typing on a screen. You can get this for the MB12 https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Type-C-MacBook-12-Inch-Charging/dp/B019PHF9UY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1487352389&sr=8-10&keywords=usb+c+adapter Not sure how well it works.

I would really recommend a 13" model, the CPU is much better, the has a keyboard with actual travel distance and more than a single port

21 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

the slowing down is your own fault, you also bought a Windows laptop with the worst CPU ever.

The thing is that the MB 12 thermal throttles a LOT we are talking down to half performance and then there is the keyboard, it feels like you are typing on a screen. You can get this for the MB12 https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Type-C-MacBook-12-Inch-Charging/dp/B019PHF9UY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1487352389&sr=8-10&keywords=usb+c+adapter Not sure how well it works.

I would really recommend a 13" model, the CPU is much better, the has a keyboard with actual travel distance and more than a single port

Yea...I just want something that is light, small, portable, and not complete sh*t like this Yoga. I want a MacBook, but I could live with a Windows laptop, but it would need to be 14" or under, I would like at least an i5 (or comparable), and decent graphics, because I'm going to do some light gaming on it, and I'm a YouTuber, so I will be editing videos and stuff, but nothing major. But I will also be using it for school, so it NEEDS to be light, small and portable. I mean this Yoga that I have, can play Minecraft and League of Legends at 60FPS, with the occasional thermal throttling, I currently edit and render my videos on this Yoga, and I just want something better, but still similar...It also needs a decently large trackpad...

Edited by Chaos Network
added something

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

19 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

Yea...I just want something that is light, small, portable, and not complete sh*t like this Yoga. I want a MacBook, but I could live with a Windows laptop, but it would need to be 14" or under, I would like at least an i5 (or comparable), and decent graphics, because I'm going to do some light gaming on it, and I'm a YouTuber, so I will be editing videos and stuff, but nothing major. But I will also be using it for school, so it NEEDS to be light, small and portable. I mean this Yoga that I have, can play Minecraft and League of Legends at 60FPS, with the occasional thermal throttling, I currently edit and render my videos on this Yoga, and I just want something better, but still similar...It also needs a decently large trackpad...

Have you given the XPS 13 a look? You can get it with Iris graphics. Give Dell outlet a look and see if you can find a XPS 13 with a i7 6560U, if you can't then the normal i5 version is just fine