Fallout 4 bad engine? Why Bethesda?

spiralfuzion
6 hours ago, Praesi said:

There must be two different Fallout 4's than.

I really doubt it. I guess I have higher expectations for the game like most other people and am sorely disappointed like most people. Not that uncommon. 

36 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

I really doubt it. I guess I have higher expectations for the game like most other people and am sorely disappointed like most people. Not that uncommon. 

Like most People..?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

38 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

well looking at steam reviews of people who understand the lore, ai interaction, and general mistakes the game made. This guy also makes good points with stuff I really wouldn't have thought of. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058333648/recommended/377160/  

We talked about graphics.  And i know FO4 is not the best FO Game but its far away from being bad.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

We talked about graphics.  And i know FO4 is not the best FO Game bit its far away from being bad.

I think it's more disappointing than just plain bad. It's getting close to that though. 

9 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

I think it's more disappointing than just plain bad. It's getting close to that though. 

I have a simple solution than. Dont play it.

4 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I have a simple solution than. Dont play it.

WOW I never would have thought of that! :D thanks man I'll actually do a thing and NOT PLAY IT. Thanks buddy!

21 hours ago, spiralfuzion said:

Well I guess it's based on preference but the general consensus is that the graphics are far from good even with a decent amount of modding. I tried modding for hours to get some improvement but tanking performance. 

I made a handfull of random screenshots. Just to make sure, you are telling me that this is not good looking in your Eyes? If so, please name me some good looking Games (not Witcher 3). No offense, im just curious.

20170203234814_1.jpg

20170218014345_1.jpg

20170218021353_1.jpg

20170218021601_1.jpg

Fallout 4 looks good... for a Fallout game.

The largest gripe I have with the game is performance, and a weak storyline. The game itself actually looks really nice once you get some proper lighting mods, fog removal/replacement mods, and figure out how to configure a hardware based AA solution to remove Vaseline.

That's sort of the thing though, isn't it?

The game looks and performs like shit out of the box.

It feels like an incomplete product in a lot of regards, which is a shame considering how little effort it would've taken just to add that small bit of polish that modders now have to fix.

That's what upsets me the most about Fallout 4.

It had great potential, but it's sort of a broken game just on it's own.

25 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

I played with a 970 and had no issues.

I played with a 1080. The issue is the engine is just plain bad. I understand that its more modder friendly but even after that fact it still looks bad for a game released near the end of 2016. Crysis, metro, stalker, tombraider, etc look far more pleasing. Hell i find skyrim more attractive than fallout 4. It is a shame because it had so much going for it but failed in so many departments. 

On 2/17/2017 at 5:22 PM, Praesi said:

I made a handfull of random screenshots. Just to make sure, you are telling me that this is not good looking in your Eyes? If so, please name me some good looking Games (not Witcher 3). No offense, im just curious.

20170203234814_1.jpg

20170218014345_1.jpg

20170218021353_1.jpg

crysis series, tomb raider series, stalker series, metro series. Hell even skyrim remastered looks better. I don't find the game to be appealing and never will. Old engine old look. It's more of me personally but once again I expected more haha. 

50 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

crysis series, tomb raider series, stalker series, metro series. Hell even skyrim remastered looks better. I don't find the game to be appealing and never will. Old engine old look. It's more of me personally but once again I expected more haha. 

Hmm mostly linear Games vs a huge open World. And Skyrim SE doesnt even come close. If you think this Screens look bad, you are blind or trolling.

The engine isn't great and the story is meh.... The glitches are.... insane. We waited YEARS for this. It is a great game for one playthrough. I ran through the main storyline most of the sidequests and now... Im bored! I waited years for this and I can't pretend I am not disappointed.

2 hours ago, Praesi said:

Hmm mostly linear Games vs a huge open World. And Skyrim SE doesnt even come close. If you think this Screens look bad, you are blind or trolling.

stalker isn't linear. Saying crysis is linear is a stretch. Yes skyrim does in fact look a lot better even without the mods haha. It's all preference and I'm stating that the game looks terrible (which it is). Haha.

17 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

stalker isn't linear. Saying crysis is linear is a stretch. Yes skyrim does in fact look a lot better even without the mods haha. It's all preference and I'm stating that the game looks terrible (which it is). Haha.

Its Troll than.

Case closed.

7 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Its Troll than.

Case closed.

I am not in fact trolling. I do appreciate the thought. I just don't like the fact that they are still recycling the same old engine and have not moved on to a better one. I think the game looks bad and that's that. :) Have a wonderful day.

On 2/16/2017 at 7:52 AM, Princess Cadence said:

Same issue with GTA IV that will actually run worse on Maxwell and Pascal cards, old engine with no compatibility path.

Crysis 1 and warhead have this issue too.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

13 hours ago, spiralfuzion said:

I am not in fact trolling. I do appreciate the thought. I just don't like the fact that they are still recycling the same old engine and have not moved on to a better one. I think the game looks bad and that's that. :) Have a wonderful day.

Dude, you´ve lost Contact to Reality.

Anyway, wonderfull Day yourself.

6 hours ago, Praesi said:

Dude, you´ve lost Contact to Reality.

Anyway, wonderfull Day yourself.

I don't think that's the case but I appreciate the concern you too have a wonderful day! :D

On 2/18/2017 at 8:27 PM, spiralfuzion said:

Skyrim SE literally runs on a slightly better version of the Fallout 4 engine. Your argument already lost steam from that.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

When did games become merely something for your eyes to jerk off too rather than something that is fun to play? I've played FO4 for over a hundred hours because I like the story and the adventure that comes with finding some obscure holotape that leads you on a quest tangent and the exploration that goes with it. More and more people today are simply graphics snobs that I am fairly sure would more than happy playing an 8K piece of literal dog shit.

36 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Skyrim SE literally runs on a slightly better version of the Fallout 4 engine. Your argument already lost steam from that.

It's not an argument. It never was. Your statement is pointless. :)  

6 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

When did games become merely something for your eyes to jerk off too rather than something that is fun to play? I've played FO4 for over a hundred hours because I like the story and the adventure that comes with finding some obscure holotape that leads you on a quest tangent and the exploration that goes with it. More and more people today are simply graphics snobs that I am fairly sure would more than happy playing an 8K piece of literal dog shit.

It's not that I only care about graphics it's more I am surprised and expected more in graphical fidelity plain and simple.  

3 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

It's not that I only care about graphics it's more I am surprised and expected more in graphical fidelity plain and simple.  

Did you not look at any screenshots or trailers for it? This shouldn't have been a surprise haha.

If you hadn't then I'd suggest googling any future games you purchase before you drop any cash on them.