Corsair 750d psu cover

BleakMaker
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
11 hours ago, Mark17 said:

So i want to make a custom psu cover with acrylic and i have a few questions.

1. What thickness is best for bending and longevity (From 2mm to whatever i want)
  2. is it really necessary to sand the whole thing to let the paint stick better i probably want the bit with the brand name clear and if it's sanded it would look bad.
  3. would you know of any way to secure it in place?

Thanks!

I have a guide linked below under PSU shroud which goes over most of it. If you can usually 1/8" or 3/16" will be stiff enough for an acrylic cover, and they come invarious colors and styles so you wouldn't need to paint it afterwards. 

1. What thickness is best for bending and longevity (From 2mm to whatever i want)
  2. is it really necessary to sand the whole thing to let the paint stick better i probably want the bit with the brand name clear and if it's sanded it would look bad.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Mark17 said:

Thanks!

I have a guide linked below under PSU shroud which goes over most of it. If you can usually 1/8" or 3/16" will be stiff enough for an acrylic cover, and they come invarious colors and styles so you wouldn't need to paint it afterwards. 

13 minutes ago, W-L said:

okay thanks, but is 1/8" inches or what does it mean i am not known whit the imperial system

4 minutes ago, Mark17 said:

okay thanks, but is 1/8" inches or what does it mean i am not know whit the imperial system

That's just over 3mm (3.175mm) something between 3-4mm would be good as it will be quite rigid and not bend or sag.