My CPU Voltage

Hey guys,

What are your opinions on my voltage, my Core i5-2500K is clocked at 4.0GHz @ 1.165v and I've had it at 4.2GHz @ 1.185v stable after 11 hours of AIDA64

P.S I love Sandy Bridge so much, hard to believe my CPU is almost 6 years old now.

it's plenty low enough. you can comfortably bump it up as long as thermals permit. up to 1.35V for sure, and it's an older CPU so if you want to sacrifice a bit of life, you could go up to 1.4V or a bit higher.

you got lucky with the silicon lottery.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

May undervolt her more, I'm curious to how frugal this chip can be, I'll take her down 5mV tomorrow to 1.160v and see if AIDA64 will run for a while

11 minutes ago, FJRiley said:

May undervolt her more, I'm curious to how frugal this chip can be, I'll take her down 5mV tomorrow to 1.160v and see if AIDA64 will run for a while

what about trying for 4.5Ghz @ 1.3.

unless you're worried about temps or power consumption, try to get some more performance out of the chip.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

7 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

what about trying for 4.5Ghz @ 1.3.

unless you're worried about temps or power consumption, try to get some more performance out of the chip.

Will try at some point but curiosity is tempting me the otherway at the moment, so far I have over 1 hour and 20 minutes at 4.0GHz with the Vcore at 1.140v

Well after 12 hours of AIDA64 with a maximum core temp of 62 degrees I am more than confident that she is stable being clocked at 4.0GHz with only 1.140v Vcore. I am tempted to go lower and see what the minimum would be. I have read some posts where one guy couldn't manage less than 1.180v so either his chip is a piece of shit or mine is quite frugal.

gGSjUhI.jpg