2.4GHz Wifi problems.

phongle123

I use 2.4GHz because I'm pretty far away from the router and the 2.4GHz gives me 4/4 bars while the 5GHz only gives me 2/4 bars.

When I connect to the 2.4GHz for a while it somehow just crashes but only for my computer (other devices can still use the 2.4GHz), forcing me to use the 5GHz which has less bars.

This usually fixes itself after about 12 hours or so and I can randomly reconnect back to the 2.4GHZ wifi from my computer.

The message I get when this happens and I try to reconnect to the 2.4GHz is "Cannot connect to this network"

How do I solve this problem?

8 hours ago, phongle123 said:

I use 2.4GHz because I'm pretty far away from the router and the 2.4GHz gives me 4/4 bars while the 5GHz only gives me 2/4 bars.

When I connect to the 2.4GHz for a while it somehow just crashes but only for my computer (other devices can still use the 2.4GHz), forcing me to use the 5GHz which has less bars.

This usually fixes itself after about 12 hours or so and I can randomly reconnect back to the 2.4GHZ wifi from my computer.

The message I get when this happens and I try to reconnect to the 2.4GHz is "Cannot connect to this network"

How do I solve this problem?

Well you narrowed it down. If other machines can use the 2.4 Ghz network then we know its your computer. So I would say try reinstalling the drivers for your wireless card. Uses the latest drivers from the manufactures website. If that doesn't work, it could be an issues with the card itself. You could try reseating the card in the PCI express slot or USB port if necessary. 

On a second note, if you use the USB WiFI adapter then that could be your issue. USB WiFi adapters most of the time I found they are shit. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.