Should I ditch the SSD???

THe BROKE KId

So, Some of you may have seen my weird choice of buying 2 a 1TB and 1TB HDDs and a SATA SSD and a M.2..... I thought of makng the  M.2 the Boot drive with windows and a few other programs and a few video editing and graphics software and using the SSD to store Games..... since the games don't need such crazy speeds.... (I'm not a pro gamer :( ) .... so should I really ditch the SSD?? By keeping it will I face problems????

4 minutes ago, THe BROKE KId said:

So, Some of you may have seen my weird choice of buying 2 a 1TB and 1TB HDDs and a SATA SSD and a M.2..... I thought of makng the  M.2 the Boot drive with windows and a few other programs and a few video editing and graphics software and using the SSD to store Games..... since the games don't need such crazy speeds.... (I'm not a pro gamer :( ) .... so should I really ditch the SSD?? By keeping it will I face problems????

If you have the ability to have two drives I would suggest to get an M.2 for the OS and main programs with the HDD as secondary programs and storage. It would give the best of both worlds. 

1 minute ago, THe BROKE KId said:

@W-L So you're saying .... i should ditch the SSD and buy another bigger M.2???? 

Oh you already have the SSD, I assume you've run out of space on it? If you wanted to you could sell the current SSD and get a larger sata SSD or go to an M.2 drive however you don't see any real world performance gains using an M.2 drive. 

Um no.... I'm thinking to buy.... I have the money to buy either 1 128gig M.2 and 1 128gig SSD ... or a 240gig M.2....

Um no.... I'm thinking to buy.... I have the money to buy either 1 128gig M.2 and 1 128gig SSD ... or a 240gig M.2....

Which drives were you looking at as different drives especially M.2 can vary quite a lot between each other. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Which drives were you looking at as different drives especially M.2 can vary quite a lot between each other. 

I was thinking to add a few SATA drives in the future so why not save a few SATA express slots.... Buying an M.2 Will utilize my motherboards M.2 slot....

I was thinking to add a few SATA drives in the future so why not save a few SATA express slots.... Buying an M.2 Will utilize my motherboards M.2 slot....

My suggestion would be to get a 250GB or so regular sata 2.5" SSD for now and later on add in a HDD for mass storage and such as needed. Sata express has been superseded at this point by M.2.