Enabling GPU Rendering

Hi there! I have Wondershare Filmora installed on my laptop and I was wondering how to enable GPU rendering. The speeds are significantly slower than Adobe Premier Pro.

Product number
X3H15UA
Product name
HP Notebook - 15-ba037cl (ENERGY STAR)
Microprocessor
AMD Quad-Core A10-9600P (2.4 GHz, up to 3.3 GHz, 2 MB cache)
Memory, standard
8 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
Video graphics
  • AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (up to 4.25 GB)
  • Integrated
Hard drive
1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
Optical drive
SuperMulti DVD burner
Display
15.6" diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)
Keyboard
Full-size island-style with numeric keypad
Pointing device
Touchpad with multi-touch gesture support
Wireless connectivity
802.11ac (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo
Network interface
Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN
Expansion slots
1 multi-format SD media card reader
External ports
1 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
38.43 x 25.46 x 2.43 cm
Weight
2.14 kg
Power supply type
45 W AC power adapter
Battery type
3-cell, 31 Wh Li-ion
Webcam
HP TrueVision HD Webcam (front-facing) with integrated digital microphone
Audio features
DTS Studio Sound™ with 2 speakers

I was wondering if there was a way to enable GPU rendering or if there is just no way.

I started off by googling it and using the first two sites.

https://www.wondershare.com/topic/gpu-optimization.html

This program is very old and mentions no windows 8 or windows 10 support, nor your graphics card. If they simply stopped supporting "newer" graphics cards this could explain your issues. That being said, I would suggest you loosely follow the same windows 7 set up on your presumably windows 10 computer (funny how you literally gave every spec except OS XD). 

Then the second link is them answering your question in 2016. 

http://support.wondershare.com/how-tos/what-shall-i-do-if-it-fails-to-enable-gpu-accelerate.html

They only support certain graphics cards, yours doesn't seem to be on the list. I would suggest updating the drivers manually from amd's auto sense program and trying to enable it through your settings. I know sometimes for finicky products you need to go through the windows task manager and manually enable gpu rendering/support for certain programs. I've done this with autodesk products in particular. 

Edited to add: Pretty much 3 and a half months ago :) Best of luck!

1 minute ago, Shog said:

This program is very old and mentions no windows 8 or windows 10 support, nor your graphics card. If they simply stopped supporting "newer" graphics cards this could explain your issues. That being said, I would suggest you loosely follow the same windows 7 set up on your presumably windows 10 computer (funny how you literally gave every spec except OS XD). 

http://support.wondershare.com/how-tos/what-shall-i-do-if-it-fails-to-enable-gpu-accelerate.html

They only support certain graphics cards, yours doesn't seem to be on the list. I would suggest updating the drivers manually from amd's auto sense program and trying to enable it through your settings. I know sometimes for finicky products you need to go through the windows task manager and manually enable gpu rendering/support for certain programs. I've done this with autodesk products in particular. 

Thank you! Sorry to forget that it is windows 10. I assume though as they updated and revamped the whole product in 2013 and that is when windows 8 was out. I will try the manually enabliing gpu rendering. I have the latest amd drivers

8 minutes ago, Asher Schwartz said:

Thank you! Sorry to forget that it is windows 10. I assume though as they updated and revamped the whole product in 2013 and that is when windows 8 was out. I will try the manually enabliing gpu rendering. I have the latest amd drivers

11 minutes ago, Shog said:

Edited to add: Pretty much 3 and a half months ago :) Best of luck!

Didnt work couldnt find the force gpu rendering option

Okay okay- so I don't know specifically about your program. But, you're going to need something called OpenCL installed with your AMD GPU to get the software to start using your GPU for render acceleration. It won't work without that. At that point you'll have to see if your program has support for OpenCL, if it does it'll work. You'll just need to go into the rendering or program settings and tell it to use your graphics card if it doesn't automatically pick it up.

I work as a contractor for everything from photo/video to broadcast and networking. 

I use an old HP Laptop forked up on top of a photography textbook. 

Right now this is what I use: Fuji X100T, Fuji X100, Fuji X-E1, XF 18 f2, XF 35 1.4, Nikon d7000, Nikkor 180 2,8 AFIS, Nikkor 60 1.8.

I've got more crap laying around for other jobs and hobbies, though a lot of that isn't applicable to the interests of this forum, so I'll keep myself back from adding it all to the list.