1080 lagging?...

Hi. I'm or should i say my friend is having some issues with the Gigabyte 1080 windforce and asus 1080 strix... 1 of my friend bought a gaming beast for his birthday with an i7 6700k and 16 gb fury x ram and a awesome motherboard. Ofc. 

He's able to hit insane fps with the 1080 (like you should do) on all the games but when it comes to cs it drops to around 150-250 for both of my friends. And if theres something i know this isn't how it should be, i've seen many people with this problems out there and im wondering if anyone have found a fix yet.

Let me repeat what was unclear. I have 2 friends. Both of them have the same problem with different rigs. 

Uhm, CS:GO ain't using that much GPU it's like Dota more CPU intense. what are your friends settings? have they tried going in settings enable develeopper console and typing fps_max 0?

4 minutes ago, linusnoticeme said:

but when it comes to cs it drops to around 150-250 for both of my friends

honestly doesn't matter unless your friends are using monitors with >150Hz refresh rates. Also CS:GO has the option for capping framerates, make sure that this is not enabled because that would easily cause this issue.

Disable hyper-threading and let me know if that helps. Otherwise, that's about as high as it'll go since CS:GO is mainly CPU-bound.

Note: There is also a console command to uncap frame-rate.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

29 minutes ago, linusnoticeme said:

I have 2 friends.

Lucky Bastard

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

42 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Disable hyper-threading and let me know if that helps. Otherwise, that's about as high as it'll go since CS:GO is mainly CPU-bound.

Note: There is also a console command to uncap frame-rate.

I wouldn't disable HT. It makes no difference nowadays, and may just hurt performance. 

1 hour ago, linusnoticeme said:

Hi. I'm or should i say my friend is having some issues with the Gigabyte 1080 windforce and asus 1080 strix... 1 of my friend bought a gaming beast for his birthday with an i7 6700k and 16 gb fury x ram and a awesome motherboard. Ofc. 

He's able to hit insane fps with the 1080 (like you should do) on all the games but when it comes to cs it drops to around 150-250 for both of my friends. And if theres something i know this isn't how it should be, i've seen many people with this problems out there and im wondering if anyone have found a fix yet.

CSGO has its own issues now. Do benchmarks like Valley or Heaven match results found on the internet? If yes, don't worry about it.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe